cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree UI Element: Add levels in Tree structure by using Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

With the tree UI element, we have encountered with some requirement which seems to be difficult or not possible. So we would like to know, whether it will be possible to implement this fucntionality in WDA or not.

Requirement: We have tree structure with three levels. User wants to have buttons on each and every level, to add the next level in the tree.

Example:

Service:

Service1

Item 1

Product1_1

Product1_2

Item 2

Product2_1

Product2_2

Service2

Item 1

Sevice3

Item 1

Here we want to have a feature, where user have button on each and every level, to add next level. Hence in above case, on Service1 there will be a button, after pressing which, new level Item 3 will be added. And then On Item 3 level, a button will add new product level.

Generally we get details of the levels that want to generate in tree structure. But in this case user want to have features to generate the levels in tree structure.

Let us know, if there is a way to implement this feature in WDA

Regards

PG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you will not have the button at each level. Probably check with you customer once again about the requirement.

You will have a button like 'ADD' on table toolbar instead of having at each level. Upon clicking this button, you will add a new like item at the place(row / sub row) where you actually want to add.

It is possible. Infact i have done this kind of reruirement. Multiple level of tree hierarchy.

Header Level 1.

Level 2.

Level 3.

Level 4.

Header Level 2.

Level 2.

Level 3.

Level 4.

Hope your requirement could be also same.

It is possible.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat ,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are right, we don't have button on each level. I will try to take the example which you have taken with one extra level.

Main level 1

Header Level 1.

Level 1.

Level 2.

Header Level 2.

Level 1.

Level 2.

Level 3.

Main level 2

Header Level 1.

Level 1.

Level 2.

Level 3.

Main level 3

Header Level 1.

Level 1.

Level 2.

So in above example, we have three levels.

1st Level: Main level

2nd Level: Header Level

3rd Level: Level

Now my requirement is, Let's say user will select Header Level 1 of Main Level 2. And user wants to add Level 4 just below the level 3 of this level.

Then generally we have the supply method, where we collect the data for each and every level. bu in this case I am not able to get, how can I modify this level?

Thanks!

Regards

PG