cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Printing Form in new Adobe Acrobat Window (not SAPGUI)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a problem with an Adobe form and maybe you can help.

We have two SAP systems in place: system A is a 4.6C system and system B is a ECC 6.0 system. I have written an ABAP report that runs in system A and

calls a function module (RFC call) in system B. In system B the Adobe form is generated and shown in the SAPGUI. Due to some unknown reason after some

time the users get a short dump "connection closed". In order to avoid the short dump I would like to change the current logic in the following way: the

ABAP report still runs in system A, the Adobe form is still created in system B but not shown in the SAPGUI anymore but in an Adobe Acrobat Reader window.

The SAP session in the meantime would jump back to system A (to avoid the dump) and the Adobe windown/session would remain open.

How could such a system behaviour be achieved?

Thanks and regards, Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried running the RFC asynchronously to see if that works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just tested it. The problem is that the Adobe form is still displayed in a SAPGUI system B session although the program jumps back to system A. And in the open system B session the user could do now things that we should as we use a default user in the SM59 destination. But we might use another user with limited authorizations. But the perfect solution would be if the document would be displayed in Acrobat Reader....

Thanks for your proposal.

Regards,

Michael

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I don't know whether this solution will work or not in your case. But still you can try this:

In Adobe Acrobat reader go to Menu->Edit->Preferences. In this pop-up select Internet, Here you will see a checkbox "Display PDF in browser". Uncheck this checkbox.

Hope it will open the form in Acrobat instead of SAP GUI.

Regards,

Vaibhav