cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSM component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

There are 2 features for TSM component, one is Max Shelf Life, another is Max Floor Life.

Since we have some components which only concern Max Shelf Life, they don't care Max Floor Life.

Can we modeling component which only set Max Shelf Life? So that SAPME system only handle Max Shelf Life.

Then, user doesn't need to check out/In component whenever want to use the component, but system will check the expired date of component if it's expired than Max Shelf Life.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Both values are processed together so you can't separate them.

Per definition, Floor Life cannot be greater than Shelf Life. So, Floor Life is a "part" of Shelf Life. In case you do not care about the former, you just need to set Max Floor Life equal to Max Shelf Life.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I knew what you mean, but even we set Max Floor Life equal to Max Shelf Life. The user still need to clock out/in the component when assembly it. It's a troublesome thing for user. We hope user can skip this step.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can consider having a customization around assembly that would automatically check out components.

I have not thought through all use cases, but it appears that you could also automatically check out all time sensitive components even on inventory receipt (assuming your floor life is equal to the shelf life). Once you do that floor life is tracked. This is a customization too.

Thanks,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mikhail,

Thank you for your suggestion.

But we hope we can find a solution that no need to do customization, just through configuration or modeling to make it work.

Let's me know if you have any idea, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to check out TSM material on Inventory Receipt? I'm facing the same issue, to have an automatic checkout on assembly.

Regards,

Kai

0 Kudos

Kai,

Unfortunately, no automation for TSM Check In/Out was meant per the design. It migth be a good enhancement indeed.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)