cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRLF issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are gearing up for our integration testing with our 30 odd EDI partners. But we have a small subset who are using Carriage Return Line feed hexa decimal values ( 0D 0A) as delimiters in our inbound documents which might potentially cause our BIC mappings to fails. Since it is a single map for all our partners, I would like to handle it at PI level. I have read the SEEBURGER manuals and came across the following settings in our sender comm. Channels. Would this be a right approach, whereby we keep our BIC mappings intact and accommodate the partner delimiter differences at a communication channel level?

binaryMode true

replaceString "270D0A"

searchString "270A"

Module Name : localejbs/Seeburger/ReplaceString

Module Key : rst

Modulekey Parametername ParameterValue

rst sourceDest MainDocument

rst targetDest MainDocument

rst searchString "Search string"

rst replaceString "replace string"

rst regularExpression true

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

what type are your inbound documents? Is it Edifact?

BIC should be able to handle both CRLF and no-CRLF at the same time.

Search/Replace would be another option indeed.

I think you won't need separate communication channels.

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have started out testing and the first thing that hit us was on the incoming 997 document. We got the following error u201CBICMODULE:Temporary error: BIC XI Adapter call failed. Reason: InhouseDocReader doSyntaxCheck(): offset[262]: the found segment S is not in the message description. DESCRIPTION: InhouseDocReader Error: The Segment S is missing in the message descriptionu201D. I checked the payload with the implementation guide and it looks good. The ISA has its IEA, GS the GE and ST has the SE. In between we have the AK segments. Any advise?

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is because BIC is identifying the char "S" in the input file as a new segment , which is due to the incorrect/missing position of the segment delimiter. Please check your file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. The issue resolved. It was a funky data issue.

Teresa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you may also create a custom module which will remove the CRLF or hexa decimal values from the Input Edi file.

Deploy this module at your PI server & use it in the communication channel.

Thanks

-Jyoti