cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to many IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys

I am running SAP PI 7.1, My Scenario is to Send one XML file to 3 IDocs.

I have created 3 Message Mapping and mapped the each IDoc, and when testing I am getting mapping Error on the Operation Mapping.

My XML file has fields from different IDoc, so this file must create three IDocs.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank,

Yonela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check SAP Note 814393. Basically all you have to do is change the cardinality of the IDoc element in the imported IDoc (and of course make use of it in the mapping). Then the IDoc adapter will create one IDoc for every IDoc element in the mapping result.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys

My Scenario have changed a little bit, MDM team will be syndication two xml files that will create two IDocs( MATMAS.MATMAS05 and CLFMAS.CLFMAS02) the sequence goes like this:

MATMAS05 IDoc will be create first and CLFMAS02 will be created after.

I have a message mapping and communication channel for each, I am using MDM Adapter to pick these xml files, what I need is to delay CLFMAS02(Classified Material) Comm Channel from picking the file till MATMAS05 IDoc is created, maybe be delay by 20-30 minutes.

I was thinking of using the FILE Adapter because it have a time interval option, but the requirement is that I must use MDM Adapter.

I it possible for MDM Adapter to pick the files in deferent intervals.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Yonela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yonela,

You dont have any option in PI for this. But you can do two things. Since you are using MDM adapter, you ask your MDM team to syndicate the material first and then the classfication idoc. If they do since you are using MDM adapter the port for material will pick first and then the classification port.

Other option even if you send classification first to sap without material, the classification will fail. What you can do in sap is create a background job which picks this CLFMAS failed status message type and reposts it. With this you should get your classification idoc also post successfully.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Thanks man, for your quick reply, I suggested the first option to the MDM team, that they must to syndicate the material first and then the classfication idoc, but they said on a syndicator system they can only syndicate both IDocs at the sametime.

The system does not allow them to create material and come back to create classification.

Now my question, is it possible for the MDM team to syndicate the material first and then the classfication idoc after.

Thanks

Yonela

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The syndication server only seems to process the messages at the same time as the syndication job will syndicate to all ports/message types each time it runs. But in fact it will process the different ports (message types) according to the order they are defined. So have them put the MATMAS-port first, and it should process them in the correct order.

-Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth

Thank u man, I get ur point but now can the MDM team delay the time of syndication, for MATMAS to be created first maybe after 10-20 minutes the CLFMAS to be syndicated.

Thank

Yonela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delay CLAFMAS in SAP PI using BPM. You can process the MATMAS IDOCs as it is. And for CLFMAS02 you can use wait step in BPM for IDOC processing. So that the IDOC will get posted by 10-20 min after the MATMAS posted.

Regards,

Sari

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure why you need such a long wait time before the second message, but you could set up your import of Idocs in your ERP-system as background processing (in partner profile). This way you can define the order of the input of Idocs, so that MATMAS-idocs are imported first and then the CLFMAS-idocs. This also ensures that the MATMAS is fully processed and the CLFMAS should not fail. This assuming this is the reason you want the delay before CLFMAS.

Also in MDM you have a different option. You could set up workflows for syndication as well, here you can add whatever wait time in a wait step between the syndication of MATMAS and CLFMAS.

-Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to handle multimapping to handle this requirement. Refer the below link to explore more on this:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post the error you are getting.

Regards,

Manjusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think multimapping doesnt work for Abap stack adapters. better you can create 3 different mappings and 3 different reciever determination,interface determinarion and reciever agreemnet because reciever interface name is idoc name. Please try and let us know if issues

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to craete 3 different operation mappings for 3 message mappings and add these 3 in Interface determination,it will work.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will find solution from this link.

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/24/multi-mapping-without-bpm-for-idoc-scenarios-yes-it146s-possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the blog below, should help you creating three different files from the IDOCs

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible