Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Workspace integration with BlackBerry Java IDE

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate SUP Workspace 1.5.2 or 1.5.5 with BlackBerry Java plugin for Eclipse.

The old 1.1 release allowed a native integration with SUP Workspace, because it could be installed as an additional plugin.

The new release 1.3 is just a standalone Eclipse Install, and consequently cannot be integrated with SUP WS.

Unfortunately the old release can't be found anywhere on the web, let alone the RIM website.

How can I integrate the source code from SUP WS into RIM BB IDE?

Thanks and regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicenza,

yes unfortunately the Blackberry plugin for Eclipse for the release 1.3 is standalone and it is very painful to integrate both SUP workspace and Blackberry plugin in same eclipse installation. Dont know why RIM decided to do this. So the feasible solution is to have 2 separate Eclipse installations, one for SUP to model and generate MBO code and then import the generated code in the Eclipse with blackberry plugin and develop the UI application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Priya

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya, as far as I can see you can even generate both MBOs and UI with SUP and then import everything in BB IDE.

There's a link on Sybase Infocenter on how to do this:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00835.0155/doc/html/vhu12...

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Answers (0)