cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Shopping Cart return empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing an issue with SRM and I would need your advise. We have SRM 7.0 and our Backend is R/34.6C

This issue is where sometimes for different users the shopping cart returns empty from the catalogue. It happens for different internal & external catalogues, different versions of Windows & IE, different users, log on languages & countries.

We canu2019t replicate the problem because usually the second time it works for the user. This means it isnu2019t a problem with specific products or user IDu2019s because otherwise it would fail all the time. Iu2019m convinced itu2019s a problem somewhere in the Production environment because weu2019ve never seen this in any of the test systems, even with all the testing and UAT we did. Nothing is picked up on application logs, short dumps, CCMS monitors etc. and the users donu2019t see any error message.

The Desktop team looked at this initially and reset some Internet Explorer settings, which was their only suggestion, but the same users had the problem again after a while so they didnu2019t have any more ideas.

We asked users to report the problem with the exact date & time it happened. We checked the Java logs and we didn´t find anything.

Have you seen a similar issue before? Any idea of what could be happening or other check I could do?

Thanks a lot in advance

Romina.-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to bump this topic since we are experienceing the same issue:

We place our order and when we come back to the SRM the cart is empty.

It works with the default Portal desktop but not with our customized ajax framework although we use the same sources as the default ajax desktop (in which it works also).

it seems like we can confirm Anubhav Jain's observation, that, why ever, the session (SID) is lost when we come back.

Has there been found any solution yet, and is someone eager to share it with us?

Kind regards

Ingo Schindler

EDIT:

our bad. We have to run jQuery in jQuery.noConflict()-Mode. Then it works for us.

Message was edited by: Schindler Ingo

sarah_gilbert
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I work with Romina & we are still experiencing the issue.

Around the time we experienced the problem we saw some errors in the Java logs:

Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException caught: Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 238 to host variable 1 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(105)

We haven't managed to find out what is causing this error.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Sarah

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romina,

Have you verified teh content returned from the catalog, i.e. the user states that nothing is returned, but is this the case? What happens, does the catalog return to the correct screen, i.e. the SC with no line items, what happens if you save the casrt at this point, does the item 'appear' or is there really nothing there, or does the catalog return to a different frame on exit from catalog like back to the Home page (normally returns then to the UWL) or just a blank page with no data??

Some more information of the actual results of teh catalog return would help here, also, verify that all these catalogs contain the parameter returntarget = _top (no tilda ~ in returntarget parameter)

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatelly, I cannot replicate this problem in my test system. Users said the first time they shopped nothing was transferred back to SRM (an empty shopping cart appeared) but the second time they tried all items were transferred correctly.

I checked our roundtrip catalogues settings and we have returntarget = _parent instead of returntarget = _top. Could that be the problem?

We have upgraded from SRM2.0 to SRM 7.0 last year. Since then, we started experiencing this issue.

Any, clue?

Thanks!

Regards,

Romina.-

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romina,

We experienced the same issue after upgrade from SRM 4.0 to 7.0 .

The problem was with PORTAL settings.

I am not sure about the exact technical details of what poratl team did but they said some thing like this...

There is a session id which works as a toekn that is exchanged between punchout catalog session of portal and SRM session. If this token is lost the connection betwen SRM window and punch out window is also lost.

Please check with an EP consultant.

Regards,

Anubhav

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please provide more details on the solution? Our portal person does not completely understand.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romina,

For SRM 7.0 the catalog returntarget should be defined as _top, not _parent.

Regards,

Jason

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In our first call structure, we do not have returntarget, only target which is _top. I have a second call structure that seems to work best when editing carts that does have the returntarget value. But, it shows as ~ReturnTarget. I am working with OSS right now on several issues our SRM users are having and apparently I have the ReturnTarget incorrect (should not have the ~ symbol in front of it).

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique, yes, the parameter should have no tilda in front of it, it should be just returntarget.

Regards,

Jason

quentin_estoppey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi anubhav,

Could you check with your portal team and share the solution with us ? We experience the same issue with some users after upgradeing from SRM 4 to 7..

Thanks

Quentin

0 Kudos

Hello Romina,

I would go with your desktop team. This looks really like a IE settings issue.

You have to make sure that your user did not messed up recommended SAP configurations for the browser.

Verify the note:

1427561 IE8 settings for SRM MDM catalog

Regards,

Thiago Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Romina

Is this issue resolved? we are facing the same issue

REgards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thiago,

Thanks for your reply. We have contacted Desktop services some months ago and they asked us to reset all users IE. Nothing happens. Problem is still ocurring. Thanks!

sarah_gilbert
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil, I work with Romina who posted the issue originally. Did you ever get your issue sorted and what was the solution please?

Thanks,

Sarah