cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRMG setting up auto reaction alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all the setup of the scenario's in txn GRMG and they start successfully. In rz20 i wanted to assign the auto email alert if anyone fails. i have created an RFC to test the connection to a PI web dispatcher and assigned it to a scenario to test the web dispatcher availability of a remote PI system and assigned an auto alert in RZ20. I intentionally fail the RFC connection to the Web disp and eventually it turns red but no email gets generated. If i manually trigger the auto alert in RZ20 by activating the maintenance then it does generate an email and that comes to my outlook inbox. all the config is done in client 000.

Does anyone know where i have gone wrong?

thanks

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RZ20, go to the menu item Views, and check the Status Data Collector and Status Autoreaction If a status isn't "Ready", see the [GRMG Troubleshooting Guide|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/9e9031c28d47b6e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]. E.g., on the methods screen you need to enter a time for "Start the data collection every...seconds." (They're set to 0 or OFF by default).

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sean,

Its amazing what an early morning coffee can do

Checked note 993616, and realized the trigger mechanism for the auto reaction is not CCMS agent but as its local within solman the auto reaction "execution method" needs to be set as "Periodically in dialog process" which the note says if you want the auto reaction method to be triggered locally, which it is and now its working and i am jumping with joy!

thanks,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah yes. I have no doubt that Starbucks solves more problems here than any single member of the SDN community.

Is there a typo in the note number you provided? It doesn't seem to be relevant to this issue.

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies, its 939616

Answers (0)