Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail attachment with UDF in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to reproduce this solution in PI 7.1

/people/samuel.chandrasekaran2/blog/2008/10/06/xi-mail-adapter-dynamically-building-attachment-and-message-body-content-using-a-simple-udf

It is about adding lines of a message as an attachment to a mail.

The UDF works for all elements except the lines for the attachment itself.

In order to build the content of the attachment (for this particular requirement) they are using a global variable declared and initialized in the global sections.

But the button for the Java Section to use an imported archive is no longer available in PI.....

So how to solve that issue?

I tried to use a graphical variable instead of a global variable but I have no idea how to add the n lines

from the source message as one import object into the UDF via that graphical variable.

Your ideas are very appreciated!

Best Regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI7.1 its a bit different from what we used to do in Xi 3.0.

Check this documents:

/people/william.li/blog/2008/02/13/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-using-graphical-variable

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/UsingEditJavaSectioninMessageMapping

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/10/01/xi-new-features-in-sp14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it is a little bit different. This is the issue.....

But I am not sure if your links will help:

1) /people/william.li/blog/2008/02/13/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-using-graphical-variable

is about a different solution. I do not need to count the number of lines of the source message.

And the second variable is about concat line by line from unbound node to unbound node.

My issue is:

Souce:

Message line (0...unbound) ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

. ResultLine (1..1)

Mapping:

=> ResultLine1

ResultLine2

ResultLine........ => into UDF to an element (1..1) in one mapping operation.

So that all "ResultLine"s are included.

The result is explained in the given link for Mail attachment with UDF.

So I am not sure how to use this thread for my issue.

In the comments of that blog Christoph Gerber writes that the new variable feature can only handle single values.

So it is not suitable for my purposes as I have a list of values here that needs to be moved into the target message field.

2) http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/UsingEditJavaSectioninMessageMapping

shows where to find the button "Java section" which is not available here in 7.1

3) /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/10/01/xi-new-features-in-sp14

too is about the nice little button for Java Section that is no longer existing on PI 7.1 screen for mappings.

So my issue is: How to replace the Java section function with global variables in PI 7.1?

Best regards

Dirk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, some kind of hard work for someone w/o java knowledge! But I did it!

Using Global Variable in UDF itself!