Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP heurictic planning run not creating orders

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Folks,

These are my case facts:

I am trying to run a SNP Heuristic run (/SAPAPO/RSNPDRP1) in one of the clients sandbox for testing purposes. The Heuristic run details are as follows: (I have copied the variants from the active production systems)

-

PB = customised

DV= customised

Global SNP Settings Profile = SAP

Parallel processing profile = UPGPP_HEU (i don't undertsand this??)

(.) Entire Planning Horizon

(.) Manual Seletion

Product = 0700ABC

Location = 1 Manufacturing location & 2 DC's

( have manually entered the FCST at the 2 nos DC's, in the planning book, which had been immediately reflected in the total demand KF & I have kept the FCST at the DC's high enough resulting into stock shortage at the DC's)

(.) Network Heuristic

(.)unrestrictive Capacity

(.)detailed results

(.display log immediately

-

The planning run completes successfully with no-error log which however generates no Distribution Demand at source location,i.e, the manufacturing plant.

I have checked the t-lanes and found that both the t-lanes (manuf. plant to DC1 & to DC2) are present & the product is added to it, its not locked & have one means of transport added to each.

The location-product master data at the manufacturing location is set as :

Pull Depl. Horizon = 30

SNP Produc Horizon = 999

SNP Checking Horizon = 30

Fair Share Rule = A

Proposed Startegy = 20 Planning with Final Assembly

Procurement Type = F - External Procurement { rest all is zero}

The location-product master data at the DC's are as follows:

Same as above except SNP Produ Horizon = 0

I have checked the RRP3 view for these product-manufac. plant, DC1 & DC2 combination:

I can see few stock transfer orders with category = STOCK, but the problem is why isn't the stock shortage at the DC's creating Supply receipts at DC's & matching Distribution Demand at the source manufact. location?

many many thanks in advance

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your comments.

Immediately after posting this comment, it occured to me to try & run the location-heaurictics in integractive planning book. And it worked!! It yielded Receipts at destination location & equal Distribution Demand at source location.

I guess there is some error in the background job variant for this DRP1 planning. I still am unable to figure the error in the variant.

@S.NandKumar : thanks for your comments. What you said is abosultely correct, the Production planned orders would not be generated at the source location unless the SNP Horizon is changed from 999 to say 1 week. But my problem was non- generation of Distribution Demand.

@Manotosh: You have hit the bull'e eye! I am unable to find the netchange planning button to be ticked. Request you to share how I could enable that?

@Satyajit : The procurement tab E would be required for Production planned orders to be triggered at source (manufact plant) along with a tiny SNP Production Horizon. My major issue was the generation of recipts & distribution demand orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it should create Distribution Demand at source location. Did you try with location heuristic instead of network heuristic? Check if the low level code has been defined correctly.

Now, if you want planed order at source location, then you need to make the production horizon shorter, than your planning horizon. SNP creates planned order outside the production horizon. And you have to set procurement type as 'E' instead of 'F' at source location.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNP Runs creates SNP Planned order outside the SNP Production horizon only.

Since your SNP Production horizon at manufacturing plant is 999 days, system won't create planned orders with in this horizon.

Request you to make this horizon as zero and try running the heuristic.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are selecting network heuristics, you dont get the option to select Location (as you mentioned for manual selection).

Also, try to load the same selection in interactive planning and run heuristics and check if you are getting receipts.

Also, the proc type of the materials in the DC should be F or X. Check if the T lanes have some transportation duration maintained and compare the results.

If you are getting result in interactive planning mode and not in the background mode, check if the check box 'Net change planning' is active or not.

Pls let me know if it helps.

Regards

Manotosh