cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I would like to ask to help me with very strange problem, I tried to google it but no success.

When I use Importa Manager (ver 7,1 SP5) to import ~ 150 records there is a problem. I choose to upload all record to create, but only one is created. I tried few times to upload and each time it create only one record. I am uploading from Excel.

That is strange, because normally to others repositories I can ulpad a lot more records with no problem.

I never had that problems before.

Thank you for help.

BR

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. check the preview tab in the import managerand see how many are shown in there compared to the excel

2. is it showing the correct number of items (in the create / matching ) view of the import manager ??

3. check in data manager if you are opening any named search / mask views to see only 1 record .

click the reset search at the top to see again ?

4.if alls correct , this seems to be some exception which is not thrown - hence raise an OSS with SAP with the archive file and excel uploaded

hth

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thank you for all that feedback, Trully the problem is exactly as described in note 157598. The difference only is we do not have calculated fields. In taht case I believe I will have to contact SAP and open a case.

Thank you for help.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue was faced my me too,

we changed the Import Action fields to form a unique record and we successfully imported all the records.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, there is this issue with import manager.

But one solution that always seems to work is that we maintain all the field names in the excel sheet which is to be uploaded

in such a way that the fields get automapped in import manager.

ie: maintain field names exactly as they are used in the mapping.

Regards,

Sagar Dixit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafel,

the field which you have used in record matching step, Are you doing any calculation on that Field? I found a note with Similar issue. kindly check same if it fits you "Note 1575981 - Import manager only imports single records"

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rafal

Are you got error message after import or not?

Сheck number of records:

How many records "new" and how many "exists" do you have?

Check import operations rule:

Which rules are seting up for your import operations (update all, replace, update null,create)?

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your matching criteria. You may be matching on the wrong field, and it's not recognizing as unique. That won't show up in the Import Manager analysis, because it analyzes each record against the repository, and doesn't take into account the other records in the file.

Also, you can convert your import to a port, and then you'll get a log file that might give you the information you need.

Hope this helps,

Steve Monaghan