Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.20 pro blem - the resource DLL for bitmaps cannot be loaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am fighting the problem all day long.

I've installed GUI for windows 7.20 , and it cannot be lauched because of the error message :

SAP GUI 7.20 pro blem - the resource DLL for bitmaps cannot be loaded

Maybe you know what exact dll is missing or how to repair the problem manually ?

Thanks guys .

Regards,

Laimonas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend custmer to re-register SAPbtmp.dll.

if this does not work, Please try to import a more recent version of sapbtmp.dll onto one of the workstations showing the error.

The DLL is usually installed as %WINDIR%\system32\sapbtmp.dll in the Windows system directory.

If this does not help, please run a SAP GUI installation check as per note 1099439 and check the logfiles for possible errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, SAPbtmp.dll was the problem :). I took it from my colegue's laptop, and it works nice (at least for now, because I said same thing on last Friday).

Sorry for no points , I marked the issue as answered before.

Thank you for your input.

Take care.

Laimonas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help!  I have this issue too!

I am a student and have access to SAP through the University Alliances.  The name of the install file they gave me is "SAPGUI_INST_720.exe"  When I try to install it, I get an "Unknown software exeception" error and the program terminates.

The file that is copying at the time of the crash is always the SAPbtmp.dll" file. 

Do I need to obtain a differnent version of the SAPbtmp.dll file and copy it to my Windows system directory as described above?  If so, where can download this file as I don't have a colleague I can get it from. 

Also, how do I run an SAP GUI install check as mentioned above?  I can't find the post mentioned.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dave

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

The command for an install check is 'nwcheckworkstation' (without the quotes)

This can be run from the start -> Run menu in the Windows OS.

Regards,

Jude

It would be useful to upload the result of the installation check to the message.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dave,
The file you require is located in the installation server \System folder.

You can install this in your C:\Windows\system32 folder and run regsvr32 <Path to file> and it should

report File registered sucessfully.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

I tried to run "nwcheckworkstation" but windows gave the error that "Windows cannot find nwcheckworkstation."  So I assume it has not been installed on my machine.  Which would make sense to me because I cannot complete the install of the SAPGUI.exe file and SAP is not installed on my machine.

I was able to locate the SAPbtmp.dll file in my Windows\system32 folder.  Then I typed this into run:

"regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\SAPbtmp.dll"

But it didn't work.  I got the following error message:

"The module "C:\Windows\System32\SAPbtmp.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DIIRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that "C:\Windows\System32\SAPbtmp.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

What should I do now?

Thanks!

Dave

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Is SAPGUI for Windows showing in your add/remove programs?

Another way of running the install check is by using the ALT+F12 key combination, click on

'System Information' and click on the 'Check SAP GUI Installation' button.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I really appreciate your help. 

No, SAP is not listed in add/remove programs.  Because the installation program crashes every time I try to install it, I don't think the install check program has a chance to load.

Windows reports "unknown software exception" error and then terminates the install everytime.  The file it appears to crash on is always the "SAPbtmp.dll"

However, there is an SAP folder that was created under the Programs (x86) folder.  In that SAP folder, there is a file called "SAPGUI_INST_720.log" which I think has the log of actions taken during the install.  Is there a way I can send you this file?  Would it help?

Thanks!

Dave

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

I just emailed you the file.  However, I realized there is another one that may be helpful called "NwSapSetup.log"  It appears that this is created each time I try to install as well.  The last line it it references the SAPbtmp.dll file. 

Can you send me a link to upload this file to you as well?

Dave

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I just sent you that 2nd file.  It is fresh from an install attempt today, which was still unsuccessful.

Dave

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave, there seems to be a forum problem.

Can you upload the file again please?

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/upload/index.cgi?id=H1KA9VGWQ5USPZLY7CYCVTYJX342E9TIE8KUWBLGLWZSRMNHXV

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks David,

I don't see any errors in the file - these can be found by searching for '1E ' (note the space after

the E or '2E ' .

At the end of the logfile it shows:

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp.Sap\SAPGUI_INST_720\Sap1F6\system\sapbtmp.dll' successfully copied to 'C:\Windows\system32\SAPbtmp.dll', so it does copy the file to the destination directory sucessfully.

I would suggest reinstalling the SAPGUI again but this time without any /package switches

In the logfile it shows:

NwSapSetupEngine.dll:     8.6.1.74

We recommend that you update your installation server with the latest sapsetup patch as per

note below:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566

You will also require .NET4 runtime to use the latest installer files.

run nwsapsetup again from the server and it should install again.

Any more errors, update the nwsapsetup.log file again.

Regards,

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks David,

I don't see any errors in the file - these can be found by searching for '1E ' (note the space after

the E or '2E ' .

At the end of the logfile it shows:

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp.Sap\SAPGUI_INST_720\Sap1F6\system\sapbtmp.dll' successfully copied to 'C:\Windows\system32\SAPbtmp.dll', so it does copy the file to the destination directory sucessfully.

I would suggest reinstalling the SAPGUI again but this time without any /package switches

In the logfile it shows:

NwSapSetupEngine.dll:     8.6.1.74

We recommend that you update your installation server with the latest sapsetup patch as per

note below:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566

You will also require .NET4 runtime to use the latest installer files.

run nwsapsetup again from the server and it should install again.

Any more errors, update the nwsapsetup.log file again.

Regards,

Jude

Answers (0)