SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while retrieving the field ADDRESS_GUID of table BUT020

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Due to SAP ERP release note 6.04, I use the table BUT021_FS instead of table BUT020 for retrieving the standard address of a business partner.

I have some programs that use the field ADDRESS_GUID from table BUT020. One of these programs is to delete non standard address of a partner. So I use the FM BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_REMOVE and I need the addres_guid in export parameter.

I got this information by reading the table BUT020, but now, I don't know where I could get it because this field is not present in table BUT021_FS.

My second question is : is this release notes affecting the data in table BUT020? What I mean to say is : can I still use this table?

Because what I understood from the release not is that it is only the indicator XDFADR which is obsolete, but how about the whole table?

Could you help me please?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It should still be possible for you to use field ADDRESS_GUID of table BUT020, the table is still used...

See link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/f4/640636fd55ff08e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Navigation path at the left hand side:

SAP Business Partner -> Functions -> Business Partner Data -> Address Data -> Assigning Address Usage.

You can read the same which explains the behavior of the Standard address and its need.

Regards

Olivia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It should still be possible for you to use field ADDRESS_GUID of table BUT020, the table is still used...

See link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/f4/640636fd55ff08e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Navigation path at the left hand side:

SAP Business Partner -> Functions -> Business Partner Data -> Address Data -> Assigning Address Usage.

You can read the same which explains the behavior of the Standard address and its need.

Regards

Olivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivia,

Thank you for your reply. It really helps me.

I have not understood well the release notes but now it is clear.

I do a final verification in SAP ERP 6 upgrade to see if the table is not obsolete.

Thank you,

Best regards

chaiphon
Contributor
0 Kudos

BUT020 still can be used.

Our system is ECC 6.0. BUT020 is the table that I select the addressGUID from when I have to pass the parameter into BAPI BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE to mass update the phone number.

Regards,

Chaiphon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chaiphon.

It is good to hear these insurance from people who had already some experience with ECC6.

Edited by: radz1789 on Apr 18, 2011 8:39 PM