cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fork in the BPM: collecting IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which i have to collect the idocs the collection happens either by time(deadline monitioring) or by counter loop,

for this i have a fork whick send the message to the above 2 brances,

but my problem is if i send 5 idocs first 3 idocs are send to the branch 1 and rest to the branch 2 so both the condition ar failing ..

Can any one help on this

Thankx in advance,

Sri..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

is it possible to collect message without correlation?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You can collect messages without correlation. Give constant while defining the Correlation and activation so that it will collect irrespective of correlation.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

I am Collecting IDOC for same Message Type and my requirement is to do both the collecting with counter and also have a wait step ..

so i used a fork which did both the process parallel.

but afterthe wait step i have a receive step which is not having a start process .. how to activate the start process in the receive step

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>how to activate the start process in the receive step</i>

>>>In the properties of the Receive Step , you can find the check box for start process. So select that. Correlation id is required.

<i>my requirement is to do both the collecting with counter and also have a wait step ..</i>

>>>What does it mean ? If you want to collect the idocs of same type , then no need of fork step.

You can collect the idocs in 3 ways.

1) Based on the Deadline i.e time

2) Based on the no of messages

3) Based on the message

Hope this helps,

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to collect the message based on time and as well based on the number of message,

If I get 142 idoc i will collect the first 100 idoc through the counter and send it while the rest 42 would wait for 10 mins and if some more IDOC comes in it will add up or after waiting 10 mins this 42 IDOC would get collected and send out as single file .. this is my requirement.

thankx in advance,

Shree

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shree,

try this:

Fork step

- 1st branch: wait step (with configured wait time);

- 2nd branch: loop which runs until counter (local container) reachs some determined value.

And you must configure the end condition of your fork to be of only 1 branch being finished. So, whichever finishes first, the wait or the loop, it finishes the fork.

But instead of all that, you could just use a Block step with a deadline branch and a loop inside the main branch of that Block.

After the block (or fork) step, you can do any transformations and send steps you need to finish your process.

Regards,

Henrique.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shree,

See the BPMCOLLECTPATTERNTIME interface in youyr SAP BASIS COMPONENET> That explains all you have to do.

Also this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

For your requirement Fork is not required. Design as mentioned below

1. Block

2. loop condition as counter not equal to 100

3. Inside loop

a. Receive

b.Container Operation-Assing(Counter)

c. Container Operation- Append

4. Deadline with 10 mins

Inside Deadline insert Control with Thrown Exception property

Then it will work as per your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you collecting multple idoc types ( i,.e MATMAS01, MATMAS02 etc) or collecting one idoc type.

In the second case, i.e collecting one idoc types, FORK is not required.

I think, this is not coming out from Fork step. Check your correlation correctly.

Go thru BPM Pattern available in the SAP BSAIS component.

For multiple Idoc types-

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

For multiple Idoc types~

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy