cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Expense Types - front end

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to restrict the expense types shown in front end using the BADI IF_EX_TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING~USER_EXIT_CUSTOMIZING as described in this thread:

I successfully manage to remove items from EXPENSE_TYPES (PTRV_WEB_T706B1) but when loading front end the method SUPPLY_EXPENSE_TYPES located in the web dynpro component FITE_VC_RECEIPTS, custom controller RECEIPTS is invoked and that populates the drop down with all the expense types, also the ones I already removed once.

Can anyone help me? If not I guess I will have to enhance the SUPPLY_EXPENSE_TYPES method and remove them from the context in an pre-exit method?

BR Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jan,

For restricting expense types, you need not enhance any BADI. Configure in the below path given. This will be enough.

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Financial Accounting (New) > Travel Management > Travel Expenses > Dialog and Travel Expenses Control > Dialog Control > Restrict Travel Expense Types for Trip Schemas.

It will ask for the trip provision variant and trip schema. Add all the expense types which want to see in the drop down.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer. However if we follow your method then the options will not be available for our super users (that use the back end SAP system) either. We only want to filter the options available through the portal but keep all options available in the back end. For that purpose I believe the BADI should be able to solve our requirement?

Br Jan

0 Kudos

You can also restrict expense types in table V_T706S_RECEIPT, however this has limitations in WD Java but works fully with FIN_TRAVEL_1 activated for WD ABAP functionality.

In this way you can restrict expenses by employee group too.

Last thing.. I'm not sure of your release but if you still use the Badi, do make sure that OSS note 1408775 is implemented also!

Edited by: Sally Redmond on Apr 19, 2011 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally. Yes but I still think that would restrict the options available for the user both back and front end. I only want to restrict the options available through front end. Is that not correctly understood? We are on the ABAP WD version.

0 Kudos

Hi Jan

I see what you mean, yes unless you made the changes by employee group (9 different groupings possible) your correct changes will be the same in front end as backend for end user, i'll have a check and see if I can find any scenarios of using the BAdi to restrict to just portal but I havent seen it in any issues I've come across.. will update thread if I can find anything useful for you.

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally. The note you referred to above solved my problem. So thank you very much for your help and nice that it turned out that there was no problem in my own BADI implementation

Br Jan

Edited by: Jan Nygaard on Apr 19, 2011 11:12 AM

0 Kudos

Good news Jan, glad the note fixed it

Answers (0)