cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Experts !

Often we are getting a error in PI Development Server while Login.

While we dicussed with Basis Team they gave two File Name in the FlieSystem.

/usr/sap/OXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/OOM.hprof

I dont the useage of this file and dont to find the location of the file.

Can any one help me

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The OOM.hprof is a java Heap Dump file. It can be automatically generated when the system encounters an OutOfMemoryError. See note #1289240 How to deal with out of memory errors.

These files will be quite large, approx the size of your java heap (2GB +). If you have a lot of OOM errors then a lot of these files will be created. They can be deleted or moved to another location and are required to analyse what caused the the OOM error.

Regards

Mark

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Every one who gave ideas.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Can any one help me

Increase the java heap size.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

Please check the note number #711584 . Also could you please elobarate the error which you are facing exactly.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

the location of the file is

<Install Drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\server*N* \-----

Install Drive is the location where your PI is installed.

Can you elaborate on the error u r facing? Why did the Basis Team provide u with the two file names? What did they advise?

If the problem is with your Java heap size: You can set the Java heap memory using configtool. Open config tool and then go to cluster_config, change the Propertysheet Memory.There you can set the memory for java. This is in Visual Admin.

Regards,

Souvik

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OOM is a file indicating excess memory indication....so your DB space might be getting full....check with your Basis team on the same (if any job is running and the same is consuming resources) or there was some recent activity (can even be new mappings created) done on the server which caused the space to be filled.....one solution is to increase the Java Heap size (there is a limit for that)....the Basis team will have an idea on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes i have dicussed with the basis team they gave me two file name

/usr/sap/hostctrl/work/dev_saphostexec

/usr/sap/OXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/OOM.hprof

Because of these two files only often PI server is facing problem in database so they ask us to delete this two files.

Since i am new to XI i dont know about the useage of these file ,so i am hesitating to delete these two files.

Error Is:

While Login to the Pi Server the following error message is displaying

]

"SQL Database error is occurred when accessing"

When we restart the PI server the problem is getting solved.After Few weeks we will get the same error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

/usr/sap/hostctrl/work/dev_saphostexec = SAP Host Agent trace file

/usr/sap/OXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/OOM.hprof = Heap dump file

It seems that as per Basis guy you are running out of space on the server and these two files might be occupying lots of space that is the reason they are asking you to delete these file.

In my opinion it is safe to delete these files but just take backup of these files in case someone required to look at the trace file or analyse the dump from OOM dump file.

Also if dev_saphostexec is growing fast then Basis has to looking into the issue and also if OOM dump is happening frequently the also someone has to check why it is so.

Regards,

Pinkle