cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP - Blackberry Application Development using Custom Develpment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had development a Mobile Application Project in Sybase Unwired Workspace, with Customer and SalesOrder MBO from the sampledb provided by Sybase. Then I made a relationship between these two MBOs. Then I generated code for the deployed MBOs. In the Blackberry JDE I had created a project called SUP101Sample and imported these generated codes to Blackberry JDE. And add the sup-client-rim.cod and UltraLiteJ.cod to the created project in Blackberry JDE. Then I created the Java UI for this application, but when I build this application in the generated code, it shows 100 erros - cannot find symbol.

I done till this with the help provided by Sybase Online help.

Could anyone help me to sovle this error.

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hong_he
Explorer
0 Kudos

I haven't met this issue.

I wonder which version of SUP you are using now. For 1.5.2, you may need the cod file named as sup-client-rim.cod while in 1.5.5 and later you should use sup_client_rim.cod. And as far as I know the cod files should be copied to the location of the simulator not the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hong He,

Thanks for the response.

I was doing the exercise of Custom development of Blackberry application using the following link. [http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp]. As a part of this I had created a mobile application project named SUP101 in the sybase Unwired Workspace. As per the exercise in this link, i use the Customer and Sales_order MBO provided by the Sample database. After deploying the MBO to the unwired server, the next i need to do is the generation of code for this MBOs. Then i need to upload these codes to the Blackberry plugin for ecplise and need to generate the UI codes for the application. But during the creation of the generated code for the MBO, in the SUP workspace by selecting the project SUP101 and choose Generate code, I got stucked with an error.

Error (1 Item)

net cannot be resolved SUP101DB.java /SUP101/Generated Code/src/SUP101 line 65 Java Problem

The error is in the SUP101DB.java file which got created during the time of code generation.

_appName = net.rim.device.api.system.ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor().getName();

I am using SUP 1.5.5 version.

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and regards

Rinzy Deena Mathews

Edited by: Rincy Deena Mathews on May 5, 2011 11:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to set the jre in the project properties to Blackberry JRE 5.0.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had used BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.3.0.201101051005-15 for my blackberry application development. This will contain JRE 6.0.0. Kinldy provide me the website address to download the Blackberry JDE plugin for eclipse which support JRE 5.0.0

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena

First of all BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.3.0.201101051005-15 breaks the Sybase Unwired Workspace IDE. so if you want to do BB development please install a separate instance of BB Eclipse using plugin 1.3. from BB website.

Next is the Code generation successful ? If yes then do the following

1. Copy the code from the Generated Code folder and place it in you project.

2. Import the 2 jar files into the Build path as external jar files

3. Write your own Custom UI.

4. Please go the <App name>DB.java and check if the server details are correct . If possible replace host name with IP address

5. use <App name>DB.logintoSync(username,password) to login to SUP server .

6. Now call <App name>DB.synchronize();

7. Run the project using a 5.0.0 simulator.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the response.

I had created two MBOs customer and sales_order by drag and drop these two from the sampledb provided by Sybase. Then created a one to many relationship between customer and sales_order. After deploying ths to the Unwired Server, I chose the Generated code option to generate code for this. In the generated code, i got stucked with an error in the <appname>DB.java

_appName = net.rim.device.api.system.ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor().getName();

for avoiding this i hardcoded the value for this appName.

Now the next step is I need to copy this to the project in the blackberry plugin for ecplise. I had installed BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.3.0 separately for this. While cretaing the project itself we need to mention the JRE, I chose Use a project specific JRE. But in that only Blackberry JRE 6.0.0 is avaliable. But as of you we need JRE 5.0.0, what I should i do for this.

Actually I had installed the blackberry plugin outside the <sybaseroot>\UnwiredPlatform path. If i installed the ecplise within this root, I was not able to create Mobile application.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue and to run the application in Blackberry plugin for ecplise.

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews.

Edited by: Rincy Deena Mathews on May 12, 2011 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The process is correct, blackberry plugin should be outside the <sybaseroot>\UnwiredPlatform path for now .

To get BB 5.0.0 in your eclipse(the 1.3 version that is installed outside with 6.0.0). Follow the process mentioned in the link below you can also download other versions if needed. 4.7 for e.g.

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/javaappdev/javaupdate.jsp

Also in the Java compiler settings under project properties set the java compliance level to 1.4

The issue is with the blackberry libraries . as the error mentioned by you is a blackberry specific API.

Please download 5.0.0 as mentioned above and please inform me if the issue is solved ?

Edited by: Pradeep Gudipati on May 12, 2011 11:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for the response.

The issue solved. an the application is running successfully.

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep,

As per you link i download the new version of BB component but still face the same error.

Is there any other process after download the new version of BB components ?

Please reply of it..

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am struggling with an error on the same configuration (BB Custom development).

You may find my post here:

Core problem is that when i access any method from "com.sybase.afx" package (sup_client_rim.jar), then i am getting an error

<package>DB.createdatabase();

// error: persistence exception

And without using the above method i am getting java.lang.nullpointerexception.

Mysteriously i was able to connect, login and subscribe with SAP user, and was able to pull data on BB simulator.

But after intial show up, it didn't come again.

Please please assist on it.

Thanks All

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I successfully ran a Travel Plan Request on blackberry simulator, using SUP 2.01 . If anybody has queries regarding SAP as backend, can ask me.

Thanks

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello pankaj,

I am also getting the same presistence error.I was able to retrieve the data initially.but the next day onwards its giving me persistence uncaught exception.I am using sup 2.0. Please guide me in solving the error as soon as possible.

thanks in advance.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

I am SAP Portal consultant ,shifting towards SUP as on project can you please help in gettign the information from beggining of sup developements and introductions.

provide me more details about SUP blacberry ( videos or tutorials).

Thanks In Advance!

AswinChandraGirmaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> The process is correct, blackberry plugin should be outside the <sybaseroot>\UnwiredPlatform path for now .

>

> To get BB 5.0.0 in your eclipse(the 1.3 version that is installed outside with 6.0.0). Follow the process mentioned in the link below you can also download other versions if needed. 4.7 for e.g.

>

> http://us.blackberry.com/developers/javaappdev/javaupdate.jsp

>

> Also in the Java compiler settings under project properties set the java compliance level to 1.4

>

> The issue is with the blackberry libraries . as the error mentioned by you is a blackberry specific API.

>

> Please download 5.0.0 as mentioned above and please inform me if the issue is solved ?

>

> Edited by: Pradeep Gudipati on May 12, 2011 11:22 AM

that exactly solved my problemm. thx.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I also did the same...but I'm getting a diifferent error ....I can see the ico of my application on the BB simulator. but clicking the icon i am getting an error as " Error starting SUP101Sample:Module 'sup_cliet_rim' not found.

I have added the sup_client_rim.jar in library.Also I tried to reset the simulator ..but o resetting i am getting a pop up as "

Warning - BlackBerry 9930 Simulator

-

Could not erase C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33\components\simulator\9930.bug "

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards ,

Shubham Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a similar problem running SUP101 to windows mobile using visual studio 2008, the connection is open but when I try to get the sales_order data no record comes up?

I have tried to look up the ub file and yes that gets created as well, but the recordset comes up with zero rows even though there is a record with that ID 2001?

Can you please help?

Thanks,

PArag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep,

I faced the same error

net.rim.device.api.system.ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor().getName();

when i am going to generate code in SUP 2.0 for SAP Application. Please inform me what is the solution of it.

I used blackberry 4.1.

Regards,

Tapan