cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info needed for BOBJ Mobile BI using XI 3.1 sp3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to implement BOBJ Mobile BI using XI 3.1 sp3 for our mobile customer.

Customers use iPAD and Blackbeery.

Could you share documents, pdfs and information regarding the same.

Did anyone test the mobile BI (like viewing crystal, webi reports) on Mobile simulator?

Thanks,

AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do get mixed up SAP BO Mobile XI 3.1 SP3 with Catalog Browser.

The current "out of the box" SAP BO Mobile XI 3.1 SP3 do not support ipad device or Apple iOS.

The architecture is very different in the middle layer (e.g DMZ Level)

E.g. ipad uses Catalog Browser Server (Apache Tomcat) - As shown from the above link

Blackberry uses BES/MDS Server

Here is the offical Supported Platform Guide for SAP BO Mobile XI 3.1 SP3

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/202b9d2f-4525-2d10-d0bc-d17e40d9ada7

Don't think there is a one stop solution that will work for both at the moment. You will need to setup both if you have customers on both Blackberry and iPhone.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I have gone through the offical Supported Platform Guide for SAP BO Mobile XI 3.1 SP3

What I understand is it is supported in few Blackberry Models.

Are the any Limitations on viewing report on Blackberry device? e.g: Dynamic prompts in Crystal Reports, will they work fine.

===================================================================

And for Apple devices like iPAD and iPhone - Business Objects Catalog Browser is used.

However, Catalog Browser is only a technology preview only and not recommended for use in production environments.

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

->...What I understand is it is supported in few Blackberry Models.

Feedback: You should check the Blackberry O/S rather than comparing specific Blackberry Model. The software will have more impact than the hardware side when installing SAP BO Mobile XI 3.1

->...Are the any Limitations on viewing report on Blackberry device? e.g: Dynamic prompts in Crystal Reports, will they work fine.

Feedback: Dynamic Prompts is not supported. See below for the comments based on SAP BO Mobile SP3 release

Web Intelligence document features

Dynamic or cascading prompts in Web Intelligence documents are not supported for viewing with BusinessObjects Mobile.

Crystal Reports features

The following features are not supported in Crystal Reports:

u2022 Active-X content

u2022 suppression at view time

u2022 changing filters

u2022 dynamic and cascading parameters

u2022 prompting for database logons

u2022 crosstabs (used to report on data from OLAP data sources)

->...However, Catalog Browser is only a technology preview only and not recommended for use in production environments.

Feedback: This is correct, Catalog Browser is only a prototype, it is not recommended for use in Production. You may want to keep an eye out of the newer XI 4.1 (aka Aurora) release and see if that changes.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. Ken.

Further, on compatibilty side, Our BOBJ server is BO XI 3.1 sp3.

Can we have BO XI 4.0 Mobile server insatallation(seperate physical server) on top of this current BOBJ server architecture for leveraging Mobiel BI on client devices like Blackberry, PDAs etc.

Or the the only option on BO server XI 3.1 sp3, is to go for BO Mobile XI 3.1 sp3 ?

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

With out installing Blackberry`s MDS will able to access BO in Blackberry device?

if yes. is there any port need to open in SAP BO(VMS...) server and in Blackberry server.

Also any setting need to be done in Blackberry Device?

I have SAP BO server and same has been published and able to download the BO client in my BB device.

Once i try to login BO Clinet it is verifying encryption, Authentication login and thro "error Network unavailable (0x08).

Thanks.

Sridhar Krishnan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just Check the below links.

You can get all the guide from

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/

Edited by: srrachna on Apr 18, 2011 7:40 AM