cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - Performance Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a report related to customer ageing details which involves high volume of transactional data.

Initially the report was displayed using ALV , but the client was not satisfied when they print the alv report in 130 col printer with sort and sub-total features.So I developed a smartform according to the required design.

Since the report involves page break and totals inbetween...i have used the event and At new command in the loop within the smartform..

The issue here is...when the report was tested with actuall data(high volume)..it took almost 5 times of the time when the report was executed using ALV..this is due to the design of the smartform involving the loops...

Is there any way to check out the performance of smartforms.Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Thyagu,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

Same problem was with me and the solution i got is i missed some of the key fields in select query.Please check that.and other things can check as our friends told you.

regards,

Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

Only ST12 is required here as the ABAP and DB footprint can be analysed with the trace data.

Regards.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagu,

Use the runtime analysis. Check where it is going and slow and which function consuming more time.

Regards,

Madhu.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagu,

As ALV, smart forms are just ABAP, so you can use the runtime analysis (SE30, or ST12, or SAT) to see what makes it slow.

See SDN and official documentation for more information about runtime analysis

BR

Sandra