cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter - New Columns Don't Show Up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a report painter report that was copied from an existing report in transaction CJE5 (for modifying the form) and then assigned in CJE1 (to a report). The copied report was functioning properly with an existing tcode assignment. Now, I am trying to add new columns to the same form and I was able to add and save everything to the form without errors. However, when I execute the report, these new columns don't appear on the report. Can anyone suggest why?

One thing I notice was that when I went to the "Report Parameters", the list of "Columns" does not include the columns that I added. I cannot figure out how to add them to the list so that they would start appearing on the report output.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found that there is a ~230 character limit on report painter reports. Resolved by reducing the characteristic name/description lengths.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take the help of ABaper.

Regards,

Suresh.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh, Thanks for the suggestion, but report painter is a functional area and the ABAPer should not be required to insert a new column and make it appear on the report. Any more suggestions, please?