cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC close and force closure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am bit confused about MIC close proceure and force closure procedure in result recording.

Is it essential to be done?

What are the consequences if we do not do it?

I have search forum and gone through SAP help also but failed to get stint of it.

Gurus, can you please explain in details?

Mimiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mimiri,

+What is basic differnce between MIC close and force closure? +

When you record all the inspection results, system closes the MIC automatically based on setting of your customization. You may close it manually also. Forced closure means your are valuating the MIC even tough you have not recorded full readings.

Lets assume you have to record LENGTH readings 5 times. if you record only 2 or 3, system can not decide whether LENGTH parameter is ok for entire lot or not. In such cases if you try to close the MIC, this is called as Force closure.

What if I just mark indicator 'Accepted' against every MIC?

You may do so. The only impact is you will not get the record of results if you want to view past readings. This is important especially when you receive customer complaint. If you feed all inspection results, it helps you to analyze the process parameters.

What should be the practice, shall we go for normal close of an MIC or force closure?

Normal closure is all time recommended.

+As you have stated that it has significance on inspection point, can you just explain me with an example? +

It has the same impact as that of normal cases.

In short system throws window for force closure only if you have not recorded results fully. It depends on business practice whether to record the results or not.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anand,

Good explaination. Really helpful.

Just small queries.

You said in your example that the length has to be recorded 5 times, how system decides this?

Regarding 'Accepted' indicator, I mean to say that I mark it after I record the result for every MIC. Is it only needed or should we go for close all MICs?

Mimiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding 'Accepted' indicator, I mean to say that I mark it after I record the result for every MIC. Is it only needed or should we go for close all MICs?

There is significant difference in valuation & closing a char.

Means System status of char changes to "3" when you valuate & when you close it,changes to "5"

at the end what I can say is if you have maintained MIC's means you need to have result recording.& if you want result recording to be done the its always recommended to record all values & close them with status "5"

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mimiri,

You said in your example that the length has to be recorded 5 times, how system decides this?

System decides this based on sampling procedure that you assign to MIC in inspection plan. For details refer [Sampling Procedures and Schemes.|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/2d/35210d448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Yes you should mark this after you record every MIC. What Sujit has explained is correct. There is drastic difference between MIC valuation and MIC closure. I try to explain you in details. Assume you have recorded 5 readings out of 5. All of them are within tolerance range. While recording results in QA32 you will find inspected column. If you inspect 5 samples, this column should notify 5. After this you select the MIC top row and click on valuate icon (F7 is shortcut key for this). If you have chosen manual valuation mode system will ask you indicators of Accept or Reject. Default it will show Accept as all your readings were within acceptable range. When you valuate this (when you click on Accept), the status of MIC changes to 3. Then click on lock symbol to close it. When you close it the MIC status changes to 5. This should be the ideal flow while recording and completing results.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit/ Anand,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

Let me explain you how I am performing the RR process.

After entering the results for every MIC, I do not mark 'accepted' indicator. Instead I select all the MICs and click on 'close' icon.

Then I get popup for valuation for every MIC. I select accepted for every MIC. Then the 'accepted' indicators are maeked as well as every MIC gets closed and the status for every MIC changes to 5.

Is it the OK process? If not then guide me accordingly.

And the last query is, what should be the process for RR in case of in-process inspection as the RR to be conducted for every 2 hours. Is the valuation necessary for every MIC. Regarding closure the, I guess it has to be performed for the last RR process. Am I right?

Mimiri

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mimiri,

OK. There is no problem by closing the MICs direclty as when you close it, automatically valuation happens.

For your next query, you need to use inspection points in inspection plan.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MIC close proceure and force closure procedure in result recording.

Is it essential to be done?

Whenever you have MIC's its always recommended to record results & close them normally.

What are the consequences if we do not do it?

Now if you do not close the results during result recording ( means if status not reached to "5") then system through Warning during the usage decision that "you have not closed all mic's & do you want to do the force closer.

Its not mandatory to close but its better before Usage decision.

Also this has significance when you use the Inspection points. You have to close all the MIC's to ensure & record the results on same set of MIC's again & again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit,

Thank you for the helpful information.

Can you just elaborate it further to have good understanding.

What is basic differnce between MIC close and force closure?

What if I just mark indicator 'Accepted' against every MIC?

What should be the practice, shall we go for normal close of an MIC or force closure?

As you have stated that it has significance on inspection point, can you just explain me with an example?

Mimiri