SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Control is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even though the settings in my Tolerance Profile are correct, system is allowing me to post the expenses using FB50 Transaction for an expenditure GL.

What else to be checked in the configuration so that the system restricts the user from posting the expenses once it exceeds the tolerance limits ?

I have configured the Usage Rate (%) mode for my Tolerance Profile. My settings under Tolerance Profile are as below :

For outgoing expenses and all Activity Groups for AVC. Availability Control Event is blank in all the cases.

Order Message Type Usage Rate in %

1 Information 75%

2 Warning 90%

3 Error 100%

When I am posting the Expenses using FB50, system is not throwing any error message and posting the FI document. Also, when I check the Budget Usage with Transaction FMRP_RW_BUDCON, Consumable Budget is 49,000 Consumed Budget is 50,000, Available Amount is -1000 and Current Budget is 49,000.

I am not able to understand how did the system did not throw any error and allow me to post 1000 more. Am I missing something in the configuration ? What else needs to be checked and corrected in the configuration ?

Please advise and guide me as I need to implement Budget Control with my client effective 1st April 2011 but it got delayed and it has become critical escalation.

Thank you for your quick replies.

Regards

Gemini

23 REPLIES 23

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'When I am posting the Expenses using FB50, system is not throwing any error message and posting the FI document' - system not show only error message or warning too?

Hope you run tcode FMAVCREINIT?

Also check FMAVCR01(it can help to understand if there an issue with addresses or budget filters )

Also check avc activation

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Thank you for your prompt reply.

FB50 is intially showing the warning message that the budget exceeded by INR 1000 and then after pressing ENTER Key, FI Document is posted.

I have checked FMAVCR01. Its also giving the same figures as of FMRP_RW_BUDCON. In the AVC Activation Node, I have maintained for Active with Strict Check Logic option.

I have also Re-initialised the complete ledger using FMAVCREINIT but it did not serve any purpose.

Is there anything that I am missing ?

Regards

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi,it's really strange,because if system issue an warning message then seems that customizing for avc is ok(ofcause if when you expected an error all was the same as while warning issued).One more thing it's to check Status managemente, for more info check note 573409. If not helps, then I think you need to write message to sap

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Problem was with the assignment of Tolerance Profile for the relevant Funds Center. I have assigned a wrong Tolerance

Profile for the Funds Center in the node Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles. Now the FB50 posting is correctly behaving.

But the problem now is while trying to raise the Purchase Requisition using transaction ME51N. Follwing error Message no. FMAVC005 is displayed "Annual budget exceeded by 500,000 INR (FM PB Availability Control) for document item 00010.

Diagnosis

The annual budget is exceeded by 500,000 INR (FM PB Availability Control) for the document item 00010.

Budget control on outgoing amounts ( ceiling type Expenditures) raised this message for the following combination of availability control ledger, fiscal year (and if applicable,

year of cash effectivity) and control object: 9H/2012/123456/MAINT. Here

9H = Customer-Specific Ledger for Availability Check, which has Data Source for Consumed Amount as FM PB Commitment/Actual Data and Data Source for Consumable Budget as FM Payment Budget (PB)

2012 = Fiscal Year

123456 = Relevant Funds Center

MAINT = Relevant Commitment Item

Please note that I have defined only one Ledger 9H. Does this call for any new Ledger creation ? Please guide me

what all the steps I am missing so that Purchase Requistition and Purchase Order postings commitments are also

considered while checking the Available Control Check.

Regards

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi, first run tcode FMAVCREINIT.

'Does this call for any new Ledger creation'-only for active(when you in spro assign activation status to avc ledger)

'Please guide me

what all the steps I am missing so that Purchase Requistition and Purchase Order postings commitments are also

considered while checking the Available Control Check.'-you mean that you don't want to check at PR/PO level? if so then you can exclude it(value types 50,51) from avc

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I have also run FMAVCREINIT and the AVC Ledger 9H is already active. Regarding PR/O requirement, my issue is why is the system throwing an error while trying to post the Purchase Requisition even though sufficient consumable budget is available for the combination of Funds Center and Commitment Item.

In short, when system is accepting the FB50 postings without any error, why not the Purchase Requisitions when sufficient budget is available for the same Funds Center and Commitment Item ?

Hope I am clear in my requirement.

Regards

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi.

Run tcode FMAVCR01 for this account assignment.

'In short, when system is accepting the FB50 postings without any error'-are you sure that for fb50 avc ledger 9H is updated?

0 Kudos

Hi

I have run FMAVCR01 for the relevant Funds Center and Commitment Item combination with 9H Ledger. That will only display the available balance.

However, the problem is not resolved. Yes for FB50 AVC Ledger 9H is getting updated.

Please advise further.

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi,

I confused a little with changing your issues.

Now the problem that you have sufficient budget and couldn't post PR, but FB50 could?

And you run FMAVCREINIT after changes in customization?

Also in fb50 and PR the same account assignments.

And in FMAVCR01 you see expected budget?

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Issue is even though I have sufficient Budget I am not able tp save Purchase Requistion whereas I am able to post the entry in accounting document using FB50 for the same set of Account Assignment (Funds Center+Commitment Item).

I have also run the re-initialise entire ledger option but still the system is not allowing me to raise the PR.

FMAVCR01 also shows the budget availability correctly.

Please let me know in case u need any further clarifications.

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi, if you activated badis FMAVC_ADD_LINES,FMAVC_ENTRY_FILTER,FMAVC_DERI_AFMT

Also check Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Budget Control System (BCS)-Availability Control-Settings for Availability Control Ledger-Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles may be you substitute T. profile for PR

0 Kudos

Also check Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Budget Control System (BCS)-Availability Control-Settings for Availability Control Ledger-Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles may be you substitute T. profile for PR

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi

None of the BADIs FMAVC_ADD_LINES,FMAVC_ENTRY_FILTER,FMAVC_DERI_AFMT are implemented and there is no substition for Derivation of Tolerance Profile in the said node.

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi, then the last what can I think of is to check tolerance profile, assigned to 9H.

By the way, if you post value greater then budget is avc triggering for FB50?

0 Kudos

Yes. As per my settings when the budget exeeded system triggers, Warnings after 90% of consumption and Error after 100%. for FB50 also. But in the case of PR it is triggering error message even though expenditure has not crossed the limits. Tolerance Profile attached to 9H is also perfect.

Regards

Gemini

0 Kudos

Do you use RIB or cover pool?

Also check if PR is updated write, I mean not doubled, account assignments didn't changed.

If all is ok, then my advise write to sap

0 Kudos

I am using Expenses Cover only not Revenue Budgets. By PR doubling you mean Duplication of the same PR ?

Even if the user wants to raise the same PR twice, system should allow him to raise as long as budget is available. Account Assignments of the PR are in tact.

Regards

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi, check notes 1104091,545193,1546011,984891

0 Kudos

We are on 6.0 with EHP 4. In our case Fund is not relevant. However, I checked the notes and implemented 1546011 but it did not serve the purpose.

Any ideas are most welcome.

Gemini

0 Kudos

Hi, I give up, write a message to sap

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gemini,

You have not mentioned if you are saving as completed the document in transaction FB50 but since you are not receiving an AVC error, I believe so. Please confirm this information.

In case you are saving the document as completed, unfortunately the system is working as designed. Please refer to the consulting notes 1029068 and 573409 (issue 9).They explain the standard system logic.

Note 1029068 is from CO but the the system behaviour is simular for fund management.

The checks only works, if you save a document.

However, you can the modification note 1239681 which forces the FI program to send out all warning messages from AVC (FM), when saving a document as completed. Unfortunately this is not standard, because it would somehow need some re-design of the FI application.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gemini,

Can you please inform if my hints answered your initial question? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.