cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting any warning or error for expired batch during TO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a Transfer order for an expired batch( I mean Shelf Life Exp. Date in the past) I am not getting any warning or error message.

TO fails to create. what is the reason for no message or error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Can you confirm what type of TO movement this is (inbound/outbound)?

Also, what picking stragegy is being used? Has the SLED management flag been set for the warehouse in question?

Regards

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stepen

It is outbound delivery , movement type 601.

batch management is active and maintained in material master data

Regards

Jon

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

There are a few things to clarify here, I have just re-read your OP, and you say that the TO fails to create? Is this correct? When creating the TO in LT03, can you see the storage bin search results ? (Enviroment > Stoage Bin Search Log)

Also, for the warehouse in question, can you check transaction OMKW, to ensure it is set up to handle the SLED functionality.

Regards

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

under OMKW warehouse is activated.

the scenario is follows

when I create Outbound delivery and entered the expired batch, I get the message VL, 203

I remove the batch and try to create transfer order, I dont get any message in the Transfer oder for the same batch.

the question is why am I not getting any message similar to VL,203.

where is the link lying for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the Self Life exp date is in the past, during transfer order create system should populate warning message

M7,210 -Shelf life expiration date & lies in the past( because I have set this message as warning in my sytem)

I dont get this error during transfer order creation

Am I missig anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

where the transfer order message link with batch determination stored? or configured?