cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am instalalting IDM on windows server. I am not clear with the few steps. I have completed all the prerequisites for IDM installation.

But i am not sure the database installation.I have completed the oracle database software installation.

as per the document

1. Install the database.

2. Install the database schema( run the scripts given in the IDM folder)

I have done the installation of oracle software.But i am not sure do i need to install database instance before i run the scripts of schema installation? If yes, which installation master should i use?

if it is not required, could you please let me know the detail step.because unless we install database instance database will not get created.

Thanks in advance for your help

Abhilasha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did it with windows server which requires installation of MS SQL software.

I beleive that with oracle you will have to install software and then proceed with instance installation. When you will install

your SAP NETWEAVER AS JAVA system; then you will by default also install DB for JAVA system and in turn you just have to proceed with new database on IDM through scripts provided

Thanks,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Is it mean that i have to follow the steps as

1. Install the database software Oracle

2. Install the central instance

3. Execute the database scripts given with the IDM dump

4. go ahead with the installation of MMC and other runtime component.

Please correct me,if i am wrong.

If you have already done the IDM installation, can you please share your document?

Thanks,

Abhilasha

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, that's basically correct. You should consult the installation guide for specific details. The should be on the discs or included in the downloaded archives.

While NWIDM will run on Oracle or MSSQL, only one is required and there is no specific requirements for MSSQL. If you are using Oracle DB, please check the documentation for tips and customization information which you will need to successfully complete the installation. You should also check the PAM for supported Oracle Versions.

Both databases work with IDM, but Oracle is VERY specific in certain setup practices.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the steps as given in the document.

1. I have done with the pre-requite for IDM.

2. I have installed the database software and as well as IDES instance.I am using that DBSID for IDM

3. Now when i am excuting the scripts for schema installation, i am getting error

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00959: tablespace 'USERS' does not exist

create trigger to MXMC_OPER

ERROR at line 9:

ORA-01917: user or role 'MXMC_OPER' does not exist

• Creating users

create user MXMC_ADMIN identified by welcome1

ERROR at line 1:

grant create session,create synonym to MXMC_ADMIN

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01917: user or role 'MXMC_ADMIN' does not exist

create user MXMC_RT identified by welcome1

ERROR at line 1:

this i am getting for all MXMC users.and at the end i am getingWarning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE.

• Creating tables

SP2-0640: Not connected

SP2-0640: Not connected

can you please let me know how to resolve this errror?

thanks

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's an init file you need to conffigure first. I think it's INCLUDE.SQL.

There should also be a database install.pdf that you should refer to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In include.sql we can edit the value of PREFIX, data and index tablespace name.

what i did, i manually created tablespace users and temp and then executed the scripts to install the database schema.

It went fine after that.

Is it the correct way to install the IDM schema?

Also can you please let me know how to connect ides server to IDM server.Please give me a link/documents where i can find the connection details.( basically what to do after IDM installation?)

Thanks,

Abhilasha

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm always a fan of installing with the default prefix of MXMC. It just works better, especially on ORACLE.

Make sure in INCLUDE.SQL you defne the login IDs/Passwords.

Check the basic documentation that comes with IDM it should explain how to:

Install the runtime, the database and design components, along with connecting to NetWeaver.

The following documents will be helpful to you:

SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center: Installation overview

SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center: Installing the Management Console

SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center: Installing the Runtime Components

SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center: Installing the database (Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle)

SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center: User management for the Identity Management User Interface

Answers (0)