cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB Back up error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do a data back up for a maxdb database to a remote server. So I mapped the drive to the remote server, I went to the the mmc console and added the domain user that has right to the maxdb server as well as the back up server. Howerver whenever I try to start a complete backup to the remote server I get an error. -24988 SQL error {backup_save "Complete" Data Recover}; -903, Host file I/O error. I immediately thought the domain user didnt have permissions, so I remapped the drive using the domain users credentials and created some folders etc - I was able to do that successfully. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the error and back up to a remote server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am trying to do a data back up for a maxdb database to a remote server. So I mapped the drive to the remote server, I went to the the mmc console and added the domain user that has right to the maxdb server as well as the back up server. Howerver whenever I try to start a complete backup to the remote server I get an error. -24988 SQL error {backup_save "Complete" Data Recover}; -903, Host file I/O error. I immediately thought the domain user didnt have permissions, so I remapped the drive using the domain users credentials and created some folders etc - I was able to do that successfully. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the error and back up to a remote server?

I assume you're running the MaxDB service under "local system" account, right? If yes, then this account doesn't know about your drive mapping nor has it the permission to connect externally. Change the user to a real user account.

And: always use UNC names on Windows, never drive letters, they are user specific.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus thank you so much. My problem was the mapped drive. I tried UNC and it worked perfectly. I have no idea why that didnt occur to me....

Thank you very much!!!!

Answers (0)