Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination based on ATP

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a unique requirement which is similar to material determination.

We book an order for material A in plant A1 .

ATP check confirms that this material in not available now but material B is available in plant A1. Material B is an alternative to material A.

We want the system to replace material A with B when A is not available.

Any suggestions are highly welcome.

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Using MRP field helps !

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can make use of material determination procedure by using condition techniques and make use of substitution Reason by T.Code OVRQ...

Hope tis will help you to swap the material.....

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr Barry,

Material determination as implies- used to replace/substitute new/another material.

Where as the case you explained works only in case of alternative material, not for the direct material in Material determination

eg:

Material A -

> Material B

whenever you enter Material A , Mat B will get replaced. Here system will not do ATP check.

Where as double click on record, there you will find the "MRP" check box, mark this check box & maintain another alternative material under Mat B eg:Mat C.

Now, when you enter Mat A,system tries to replace with Mat B, before this activity system performs ATP check, if stock is not available then Mat C will get replace.

reg: Go through the Help doc.

Work around may require to achieve your requirement such as,

Maintain material determination record

Mat (A-3) -

to Mat: A

alt.material - Mat B with check MRP

now when you enter Mat (A-3), then Material A get replaced, if stock is not available in Mat A (MRP check made ATP active) Mat B will get replaced.

Have not tied, but the MRP check box purpose is same as i explained

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Reazuddin,

I tried that already but the system gives me both A and B to choose irrespective of ATP qtys. Any other tips !!

Thanks for suggestions !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you do material determination for the material 'A' . A is determination of 'B' like that

then it will come automatically.

Regards

karthikselvaraj