Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default sloc determination in OBD which is created from STO

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of STO, if supplying plant has 2 sloc lets say 001 and 002. If we want picking should happen from 001 or sometime 002 then how we can make this sloc defaulted in OBD? Please note u2013 we are creating the OBD from STO

In short my question is, How to make desired sloc defaulted in OBD which is created from stock transport order?

Thanks,

Milind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christian_rosa
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Milind ,

Have you taken a look in the note 396480 already ? In that note it says that storage location determination does not work because of storage condition from the material master for packaging when customers have them setup. The note explain how to solve that issue but there is good information to your question:

Customization

In Customizing, choose node 'Logistics -> Shipping -> Picking ->

Determine Picking Location -> Define Rules for Picking Location

User-Exit:

Call up Transaction SE37 (Function Builder) for function module

EXIT_SAPLV02V_002 and branch to the display of the source code.

Create new Include ZXLOFU01 by double-clicking on the include

You may try and check if that helps you on defining a default values based either on customized rules or your own logic.

Best Regards,

Christian Rosa

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Use of user exit would be very good option.

I found out another solution for this. Depending on the business requirement, If this does not work then user exit option can be used.

(1) Define separate shipping point and shipping condition and complete below configuration

SPROLEShipping-Basic Shipping functionShipping point and good receiving point determination-- Assign shipping point

(2) Go to SPROLEShipping-Basic Shipping function--Shipping point and good receiving point determination - --

Setup storage location dependent shipping point--> Assign shipping point according to storage location

Assign

SC-Loading groupPlant--Sloc -

shipping point

(3) Place STO and change the shipping pint and shipping condition in shipping tab of STO.

(4) After creation of delivery using VL10B/VL10H/VL10D System would determine sloc according to step 2 above.

Thnaks,

Milind

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Closing the call. Thanks all for the information

Thanks,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can typically drive the automatic picking location (storage location) based on the 'determine picking location' configuration udner LE -> Shipping. With the aid of 'storage condition' (which is set in the material master), you can drive the relevant picking location.

Let me know if this works for you; otherwise, let me know the driving factor for picking location so that we can think about other options.

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once we set storage condition in material master then material will always picked from corresponding sloc. Can we set shipping condition in customer master?

In our case, Material is stored in customer return storage location as well as normal storage location. Through STO, we are transferring the material from customer return sloc to other plant When we place STO, we need delivery should happen through customer return sloc and not from normal sloc . Is there any way by which we can change the shipping condition in STO PO in shipping tab and then system would propose corresponding sloc? Or what are other possible option you would suggest?

Thanks,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SPRO>LE> Shipping>Picking>Determine Picking location>Assign Picking Locations> , you maintain the proper entries.

Enter the storage location that you want to be defaulted in OBD against Shipping Point/Shipping Conditions combination.

Wehn you create STO PO, you can change the proposed shipping conditions or shipping points. You can aslo do it in ME22n befor generating delivery in VL10B.

In PO's Shipping Tab, Shipping condition arrives from customer master.

Loading grroup arrives from Material master : sales view 2.

Shiping point will be determined from the config done in LE> Shipping>Basic Shipping Functions---> Assign shipping Points.(entered against SC/Lgrp/Plant Combination).

Later, you enter picking storage location(To be defaulted in OBD) in above given path for the correct combination of Shpt/Plnt/SC.

If you maintain settings properly in above 2 SPRO path and Loading group in Material master (SD veiw) and Shipping conditions in customer master properly, this results in proper determination of shipping point in shipping tab of ME21N and hence the OBD will be created with Default Storage location as you desired

Regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Systematically, you can replace the shipping point in the STO to drive the picking location in the delivery (with the combination of Shipping point, Plant and Storage location).

However, from a business perspective I wonder how'd the receiving plant know from which location from the supplying plant the shipment has to occur. If this isn't a problem then this may work but if it doesn't then I reckon there is no other way standard way to make that automatic determination.

Edited by: Kalyan Gorla on Apr 16, 2011 9:22 AM

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Shetty,

I think you are confused between storage condition and shipping condition. Both has short form SC. Determine picking location configuration has storage condition and not shipping condition option. In shipping tab of PO has shipping condition option.

Thnaks,

Milind