cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't store 1 credit card number on 2 payer records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Do you know if there is a way to store 1 credit card number on multiple customer payer records? We have the same customer associated with different sales offices, so we create 1 payer record per sales office. This customer pays with a credit card and we want to store their number on the customer master. We add the credit card number to the first payer record and save it. Then, when we try to add it to the 2nd payer record, we get an error message that the card number cannot exist on multiple payers.

I can't find a config setting that will allow this. Is this just the way is works, or is there a way to link the payers together. I tried to link the payers together using the alternate payer button data, that that didn't help either.

Thanks for your input!

Karla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karla,

In the standard system it is not possible to have the same payment card (credit card) assigned to two customers.

The error V/005 was added to prevent the wrong customer from being charged with the wrong payment card.

Error V/005 is hardcoded in LV20AF0K. At present it is only possible to change the message from and "E" (error) to an "I" (information) message by modifying the code as workaround. If it is a very important business need you could modify this but please keep in mind that this would be considered a modification to the standard system. Please review note 170183 before applying any modification.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Answers (0)