cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Block at Schedule Line level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

We can configure the delivery block at the header level of a sales order to block quantity confirmation.

However, as per standard SAP functionality the delivery block at the schedule line can only block the creation of the delivery but cannot block confirmation of the quantity in the sales order.

Our requirement is to block quantity confirmation by each item ( OR schedule line) in the sales order. We don't want the quantity to be reserved for the item.

Has anyone experienced this situation and suggestions, if any?

Thanks in advance,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member634038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Did you find any solution for this requirement, where in the Confirmation goes to ZERO if the Delivery block is set at its Schedule line and not at Header of the Sales Order?

I know if the Delivery block is set at header of the document then it will block the confirmation for the entire document but incase if you want to unconfirm only the particular item then this delivery document is set at schedule line and the expectation is to unconfirm the schedule line quantity

Appreciate for taking your time for the reading the query.

Many Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check this settings. Which will block the confirmed quantities which can be used for other documents.

SPRO-> Sales and Distribution ->Basic functions ->Availability check and Transfer of Requirements ->Tranfer of Requirements -> Block quantity confirmation in delivery blocks ->Reasons for and Scope of Delivery Blocks: Transfer of Req. blocks.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaydip,

if you read the help, this only block the transfer of requirements when block is set at header level.

Functionality does not work not at the schedule line level.

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi,

Reason for Rejection is not appropriate in our situation.

Raja: Thanks for the reply, however, it appears you have not taken the time to read or fully understand the requirement.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Have you got any solution for the mentioned problem?

If yes, request you to please share the same with me. I also happen to have come across the same requirement where in if I maintain the delivery block (which also has the confirmation block in it) at sschedule line level for any item in the sales order then the requirement should not be passed to MD04. In other words there should not be any confirmed quantity for that item.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Vishi

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is the standard behaviour that the block at schedule line level does not delete the confirmed quantity. This is documented in the following SAP note:

21584: Delivery block on sched.line level and requiremnts

The only way around this is to modify the standard system behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel

I noticed you have mentioned that you have to use a modification to resolve this issue.

I have exhauseted some of the best programmers that I know and have still not been able to find a solution.

Please can you advise if you actually implemented a solution for this requirement , if so please can you mail me on kasy.aboo@cyberneticit.com

Kind regards

Kasy Aboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kasy,

I agree with expert Noel that the behavior you are requesting is not supported by standard SAP ATP checks.

I always suggest that the business users should stick to standard functionality, and avoid the use of enhancements.  I will say, however, that I have seen enhancements written that will override both the date of confirmations and quantity of confirmations (it sounds to me like you want to override quantity, or perhaps both date and quantity).  Programmers I have dealt with have found such tasks challenging but achievable.

You mention that your local staff has been unsuccessful in creating a solution that meets the  specifications.  In most companies, when this situation arises,  the best solution is to engage the services of a consulting company that has the required expertise.

Good Luck & Best Regards,

DB49

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In t code OVLS there is a confirmation block

This confirmation block you can set/Activate for your delivery block

If this is activated once you save the sales order the confirmed qty becomes 0 in the schedule line of the sales order

This can be seen in VA02

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We don't want the quantity to be reserved for the item.

If I understood your requirement correctly, currently as and when sale order is created, the corresponding stock quantity gets blocked which you dont want to happen.

If this is correct, first identify what availability check is manitained for the material. Next go to OVZ9, select the combination (for example 02 / A) and untick the box "Include sales reqmts".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member

Lakshimpathi,

Thanks for the reply. However, you haven't got my requirement correct. Perhaps, I haven't explained it well enough.

I don't want to change the scope of availability check.

All I want to do is set a delivery block in the sales order at schedule line level (NOT Header delivery block) and want the system NOT to confirm the material when the order is saved.

I know I can set the header delivery block and get the system to NOT confirm when the order is saved, but it doesn't work the same way when I set the delivery block at the schedule line level.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks again,

Srini

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you considered Reason for Rejection at item level ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please refer to the following thread. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi,

In your reply you have mentioned "untick the box "Include sales reqmts"." which is not correct. Because quantity confirmation for sales order is taken care by checking group at OVZ2 through the field "Accumul". Not by OVZ8. If you do so the result will be as follows.

1.You create a sales order for 10 no. of an Item. In MD04 we can see an equal no of stock reserved for that order.

2. Create another order for same material with 6nos. If the settings are done as per your suggestion, then while running availability check for this order system will not consider the 10 nos of the item allocated for the first order in MD04.

3. Suppose actual stock in plant-st.loc is only 10nos, this will lead the system to allocate 6nos for the second order. Which should not be done.

Thanks

Ramesh