cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple MII Servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our client is running with multiple MII Servers connected to one group ex: ip/sapgw00/XMIIIDOCxx and now they want to change or point the server to another group cluster. Is this going to have any impact on the live solutions and what could be the downtime needed for change if any.

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raveen,

I have never worked with an R/3 cluster but if I understand this correctly , you are talking about a multiple plant deployment architecture , where in there are a number of MII instances pointing to a single ERP instance (you can draw the analogy here with a cluster).

From an MII perspective , if you want to point to a different ERP instance , it should be as simple as changing the SAP server configuration parameters(on the MII menu) and your application should just work fine (I am assuming that the ERP instances have identical configurations/data etc..).

The downtime in my view should be minimum ,as its a simple config change.

Having said this I would still advise, as a standard practice, to carry out the changes fist in DEV/QA landscapes just to be sure, before moving over to the Prod landscape.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Udayan