Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data to vendor catalog while calling it

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

We need to pass some data to the vendor catalog while calling it, for ex. a variable value.

Is the BADI BBP_CHANGE_URL useful in this case?Can we send this variable as URL parameter?

I put a break point in the BADI implementation but when I click the punch out catalog link, it is not triggered.

Is this BADI still valid in SRM7 ?

How can we do this?

We are on SRM 7.0.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This BADI is still valid for SRM 7, however it is only used to define URL to connect to document server, e.g. where attachments usually reside. You can not use this BADI to define parameters to pass into vendor catalogs. You would have to define the parameters with the catalog set up, such as defining the external web service through SPRO.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

How can we pass variable values through SPRO?

It is not a fixed value but a variable that will be different for each user.

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if calling punch out catalog can be this flexible. You could however pass in system variables, such as sy-uname as parameter type "SAP Field" when defining external web services.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Yes, I see that in SPRO.

Any idea where this URL is formed? I mean there must be some standard code that concatenates the values from SPRO and forms the catalog URL.

How can I debugg this ?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not entirely certain. You can look into this package BBP_WS_APPLICATION for more details.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Is the BADI BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH right candidate here?

Thanks,

Anubhav