cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning views to Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to assign CCM views to a role in PFCG.

Out CCM system is on a different client to EBP system, when I try to assign a view I get 'action cancelled'.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris: do you have CUA (Central User Administration) enabled? Ask your Basis team if you don't know. In the CUA scenario, you have to assign your CCM roles from EBP (by indicating CCM system and then role), providing that EBP is the central store for users.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

we don't have CUA active. This issue is that CCM and EBP are on different clients and when I try to add a catalogue view created in CCM to an employee role in EBP it is not possible.

Regards

Chris

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris: forget my comment about CUA, I've misread your initial post.

In your case (EBP & CCM separate, CAT & CSE in one client?) you should assign views to roles in the CCM client, not EBP client. Make sure you follow these steps in the <b>CCM client</b>:

1. Generate authorization profile for role /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH (trx PFCG or SUPC).

2. (optional) If you have more than one search role to which you assign views, create custom copies of role /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH.

3. Assign view(s) to /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH (or your custom roles) in PFCG, Personalization tab, double-click personalization object key /CCM/VIEW_ASSIGNMENTS.

Pre-requisite: after you create views in CAT, you should run the catalog publication at least once for views to become visible in PFCG.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

Just to clarify,

The users who will shop must exist in the CCM client.

They only need the /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH (or equivelant)role assigned

The catalogue view is assigned to this role.

This means that the web service I have defined in EBP for the catalogue shouldn't have CCM-USER and CCM-PASSWORD defined as parameters.

If you could just confirm that this is correct that'd be great.

Thanks for you help

Chris.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris: to confirm your statements, I need to know what logon option you're using for CCM: SingleSignOn (SSO) or Anonymous Logon with Service User (AL).

From your post, my guess is you're using SSO, so I'll reply having SSO scenario in mind.

<i>The users who will shop must exist in the CCM client.</i>

Not necessarily. If you use the CCM-USER parameter in the call structure, then you don't have to have all your shopping users in CCM.

<i>They only need the /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH (or equivelant)role assigned</i>

Yes

<i>The catalogue view is assigned to this role.</i>

Yes

<i>This means that the web service I have defined in EBP for the catalogue shouldn't have CCM-USER and CCM-PASSWORD defined as parameters.</i>

Depends. If you create all your shopping users in CCM and assign search roles to them, then you don't need to include CCM-USER in the call structure. However, you may choose not to create all your shopping (named) users in CCM. Instead, you can create a <b>non-named</b> user for each search role in CCM. Then you can enter these users in the CCM-USER parameter in call structures. Views will be determined based on roles assigned to these users.

This latter approach makes sense, for example, if you have just a handful views/roles. So, to re-iterate, you can assign these views to roles, roles to non-named users (in CCM), enter non-named users in the call structure(s), assign logical catalog(s) as required in Org Plan (in EBP). If you're familiar with Requisite, BugsEye integration worked in a similar way (except for roles).

Note that parameter CCM-PASSWORD is not required in the SSO scenario, even if you use CCM-USER.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

thanks for all your help, just one thing I need to clarify a bit more.

We are using the master catalogue catalogue as the only Procurement catalogue. How is it possible to assign different views to the user held is CCM-USER?

If I wanted to restrict some users to only being able to buy Office Supplies and another Group to only buy IT supplies how would this be set up?

We are using SSO by the way.

Again thanks for your assitance in this.

Chris

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris: different views can be assigned to one CCM search role, and then that role can be assigned to a CCM user. Hence, that user has access to multiple views.

To segregate access (using your example for Office Supplies and IT Equipment), create two CCM roles, e.g.: <b>zOfficeSupplies</b>, <b>zITEquipment</b>. Assign respective views to these roles. Now, here's a decision point - if you want to leverage CCM-USER, create two users in CCM: <b>OfficeSuppliesUser</b>, <b>ITEquipmentUser</b>. Assign them respective roles. Enter them in CCM-USER in the call structures (you'll have to create two web services / call structures in that case). Assign the two web services to respective user groups in the Org Plan.

Alternatively, if you don't want to leverage CCM-USER, create your named (shopping) users in CCM, and assign them the roles. That way, you can have only one web service / call structure (which you can assign at the root level in the Org Plan), but you now have to maintain all your shopping users in CCM. This is the case on my current project. To ease user maintenance, we make use of CUA, which replicates users from EBP to CCM automatically.

Ultimately, everything is driven by maintenance considerations. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

thanks for all your help.

Regards

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos