cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Start SUP Server Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been using SUP 1.5.2 Personal Developer edition for the last couple of weeks without any problems, but suddenly this morning I have been unable to start my SUP server service (i.e. SybaseUnwiredPlatform<HOSTNAME>Server1). I keep getting the following error:

-

Services

-

Windows could not start the SybaseUnwiredPlatform<HOSTNAME>Server1 service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

-

OK

-

When I run the 'Start Sybase Unwired Platform Services' batch file from the desktop I also run into this problem. I checked the following directory 'C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs' and found some files named bootstrapxxxxxx.log (where xxxxx appears to be a random number).

On opening these log files I found the following error in each of them:

2011-04-15 12:14:51.958 ERROR MMS Thread-3 [com.sybase.sup.server.lm.LicenseManager] Cannot check out the SUP_BASESRVR license for the server and it is possible that grace period has expired.

I only installed SUP on the 30th March so have some time to go before I reach the end of the 30 day trial period. Is there any other explanation why this would be happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Colin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colin,

I also faced same problem what i did was that i uninstalled SUP server and again installed it because may be your trail period has been expired . i think it won't take much of your time

Best Regards

vinit sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can see your service in computer management /services/SybaseUnwiredPlatform/ yourservername.

Please check if it is not getting started so it's better to uninstall and then install it again

Regards

Vinit sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Vinit. I have now got SUP back up and running again.

I uninstalled SUP as you suggested, but I also obtained a licence for SUP...so I'm not sure which of the two solved my problem!!

Thanks again,

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ..

I am also facing the same problem .. as everybody suggesting i can do un install / install again .

but is there any specific reason behind why it is not starting .

It shuold not be an issue of licencing as it's trail period is 30 days .

then before that time why it is giving some strange problem to start the server .

Any answer from SUP - DEV - TEAM / anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

I'm facing the same issue unable to start Sybase Unwired Platform 2.1.

I got the following error messages:

"Failed to obtain 1 license(s) for SUP_BASESRVR feature from license file(s) or server(s).Cannot connect to license server system." (BTW, I don't have SySAM.)

and

"FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570" from both <hostname>-server.log and bootstrap log.

The Sybase Unwired Platform service can be started from windows server manager. But i can't find my SybaseUnwriedPlatform path under /services....

I tried to reimport license by command "license.bat ED DT" under C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\licenses without any error message. but SUP server still can't be started. The previous license was imported about one month ago.

Is there any reasons made this issue happened?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Elina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elina

I noticed a similar license import problem at a client's test machine. However i got it to work when i created a folder called licenses in the unwired server folder (where the logs folder is ).

Then went into bin thru cmd line and executed License ED DT. It worked, the license was successfully imported.

Thanks

Pradeep

Answers (0)