cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Order Overlapping

Former Member

Hi SAP Expert,

Issue Background:

> We're using multi-level BOM. So, to produce a finished goods, we might have several Production Orders created.

> Sample BOM as below:

FG A

.1 SFG B

..2 SFG C

..3 SFG D

Based on the Multilevel BOM above, 4 Production Orders will be created:

FG A (Production Order A)

.1 SFG B (Production Order B)

..2 SFG C (Production Order C)

..3 SFG D (Production Order D)

> When we perform detailed scheduling run using standard SAP heuristics (Enhanced Backward Scheduling, follow by Stable Forward Scheduling), the APO will schedule the Production Order A, B, C & D back to back. By using the sample given above, APO scheduling result as below:

Production Order Start Date End Date

Production Order D 15.04.2011 (8:00) 16.04.2011 (8:00)

Production Order C 16.04.2011 (8:00) 17.04.2011 (10:00)

Production Order B 17.04.2011 (10:00) 18.04.2011 (8:00)

Production Order A 18.04.2011 (8:00) 19.04.2011 (7:00)

Issue/Business requirement:

> Production Order C can be started earlier (before End Time of Production Order D) once certain send-ahead quantity of Production Order D is completed.

Questions:

1. Is the business requirement (order overlapping) is possible in APO?

2. If it's possible, how to configure or what master data needs to be set so that the APO will schedule the order overlapping based on the send-ahead qty set by the user?

3. Currently, we re-schedule the order manually in Detailed Scheduling board by drag and drop the order so that the Production Order C starts before the Production Order D is ended. But, when we do this manually, the subsequence order B & A will not re-schedule to the earlier date by the system automatically. We still need to manually drag & drop for the subsequence order. Is there any workaround that we can set so that the subsequence order will be moved accordingly when we manually reschedule the order C to earlier date?

P/S: Workaround for item no. 3 would be helpful if order overlapping is not possible in APO.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nivesh_tripathi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Hooi Chia,

I got the same requirement too and looking for more details to set up. Were you able to set this up at your end? If so, could you please provide some insights on this thread?

Thanks

Nivesh

Wajid_Ali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @Nivesh,

I got the exact requirement. are you map this process in PPDS? I am currently working on ePPDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same business reqrueiment Hooi Chia. Did you get any resolution to your requirement? It would be very helpful if you can share.

Thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Sorry for the late reply. We still don't have solution as at now. Please share if you have already found a solution for this requirement.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Request you to check SAP Notes: 604878 for operation overlapping and minimum send ahaed qty

Also in the BOM item details screen you can define operation related lead time offset and order related lead time set.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

We have no issue on operation overlapping. The problem that we're facing is order overlapping. We need overlapping for 2 different order as sample given in my previous post.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You canrefer to SAP note -601990 which gives information about external relationship. I.e. relationship between activities of two different orders. Note has explaned sample report and risk behind defining such relationship.

So you can try with continuous production where component D is supplied continously and not at discrete points.

In BOM of C for Bom component D mention distrubution key GLEI. As only equal disrubution is supported it maynot meet exact requirement. this will come as continious consumption indicator in PPM.

One more limitation is if you have sequence dependent setup then you need to assign component to process activity.

As far as workaround to point 3 you can try running bottom up heuristic to adjust the dates at the top level. But problem with bottom up is it will plan using infinite scheduling mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I have tested by setting the operation leadtime offset & GLEI key. But as you say, it doesn't meet our exact requirement because our process is not a continuos production.

Besides this, is there any other work around to enable the order overlapping for discrete production? Our requirement is to get the next order starts right after certain send ahead quantity/time of previous order is completed.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia