Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE_ADMIN User

m_c5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

need help If I start communication between java stack and abap stack I get the following error:

"Support desk was not able to read the properties of rfc destination 'QHR_LINVM88_QHJ' Check that the ABAP user 'J2EE_ADMIN' has sufficient authority for administration of RFC destinations. "

The J2EE_ADMIN User has "*" authorizations for S_RFC, S_RFC_ADM and S_ADMI_FCD in a special role.

The role "S_RFC_ADM" has the activity "03"...is that not enough?

I have deactivated the standard role "SAP_J2EE_ADMIN" --> is that the problem?

If this is the problem - why?

The role with the "*" authorizations for S_RFC should be enough or not?

Thanks in advance for all hints and answers...

Greeeez

Edited by: mrpynk on Apr 15, 2011 10:58 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you sure that it is a RFC authorization problem only? May be the admin user is lacking other access? Is anything coming in trace?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Apr 15, 2011 2:54 PM

7 REPLIES 7

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you sure that it is a RFC authorization problem only? May be the admin user is lacking other access? Is anything coming in trace?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Apr 15, 2011 2:54 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

thank you very much for hour hints. I will try this...and let you know how it works.

Unfortunately - trace is empty...

Edited by: mrpynk on Apr 15, 2011 11:27 AM

0 Kudos

What am I thinking today? 1st I gave a solution for SAPJSF* user then edit then edit...May be Friday is heavy on me and I should take a off now...sorry for multiple mails in your inbox

However are you sure that the ABAP user is J2EE_ADMIN? not SAPJSF_<SAPSID of AS Java>? That's the standard user used for datasource in ABAP system. And if the intention is to read user master data from ABAP source the those 2 roles should work.

I am out now.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hey,

it works now with these two additional roles....

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO

Thanks very much!

Edited by: mrpynk on Apr 15, 2011 12:47 PM

0 Kudos

Adding the role with "RO" at the end should be sufficient for read access of the connection user from the java stack (typically user SAPJSF, but you can change it).

The role without "RO" at the end has the effect that creating users in the java NWA will create them in the ABAP logical system it points to as well. Typically, this is not desired, so I would not assign it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

thanks for this helpful hint!

Greeez

MrPynk

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have deactivated the standard role "SAP_J2EE_ADMIN" --> is that the problem?

You should add SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role.

Thanks

Siva