cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am trying to implement file to idoc(matmas) scenario with FCC, the input file is a xls file, the file is not getting picked up, there are no communication channel errors, checked in runtime workbench, i guess i am wrong with field names in the creation of the xls file. can u please tell how should we create xls file. can we give field names or shud we give only the values? and also what are the steps to be taken for configuring sender adapter and receiver adapter.

thanks and best regards,

kartheek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you assigned "777" access (full read-wrtie-execute ) to your file ?

-Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti,

thanks for ur reply, the file has full access permissions, tell me one thing is the parameter "keyfield name" mandatory? one time the error in communication channel has shown that "keyfield name" is missing...but as far as i know its not compulsory.

thanks and best regards,

Kartz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem is with the xls file pick up.You cannot pick up a xls file like a xml file .

You can read data from an external source like excel and pass it into the Adapter Framework.

Go through the below weblog:

Read Excel instead of XML through FileAdapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/04/05/excel-files--how-to-handle-them-in-sap-xipi-the-alternatives

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Rohit for the very helpful answer...i realised that XLS file can't be used in a file to IDOC scenario but can be implemented in IDOC to file scenario.

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can not use XLS file in File to IDoc scenario, but you can use the file, if it is saved in CSV Format.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Double check the File name and extension also the authorizations on the directory. At least you should be able to see the error in CC if everything is ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<POST MEANINGFUL REPLIES, LINKS CAN BE SEARHED> <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Apr 17, 2011 4:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos