cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

46B Parallel Export and Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We would like to have a SAP Migration from AIX to Windows 2003 but we would like to know more information in this case.

Server A: AIX

Server B: Windows 2003

DB: Oracle 10g

1. Can we have a Parallel Export and Import in 46B?

2. If yes, would you mind to provide a procedure to me?

many many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harry,

the system copy procedure has one step for exporting the data and an other step for the import. I think it is not possible to run export and import parallel.

For more information take a look at:

Greetings

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian Rose,

Thank you for your help.

My SAP version is very old. (46B)

Is that the migration tools included the parallel export and import function?

Do you mean i can import the database into windows 2003 when AIX server exportation is not complete?

Thanks

Harry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harry,

i have never tryed so an think this could lead to inconsitencies in the target database.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian Rose,

Thank you for your reply, Is it support parallel export and import in the migration tools?

Thanks.

Harry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Can we have a Parallel Export and Import in 46B?

> 2. If yes, would you mind to provide a procedure to me?

To migrate a 46B system you need to get the migration tool CD which you get only if you have an extended maintenance contract.

You can split tables but this functionality is not integrated in the setup tools (R3SETUP) and must be done "manually". Since 46B is long out of support the necessary documentation is either spread around in notes or is not available at all.

I'd not do a production migration without a certified migration consultant (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration).

Markus