cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create 2 main windows in 2 pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create 2 main windows in 2 pages each in smartforms which should display 3 different kind of details. Right now it is printing 1 main window with multiple page and not able to display 2 main window with multipages. Is it posssible are not. If so kindly give me the steps.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple windows not possible, but this is what you can do:

Suppose you have 3 different sets of data: Introductoion(2 pages or more ), Body(5 pages or more ) and summary(3 pages or more).

Inside the main window of Page layout (say Page1)

Print Introduction:

when Print completes, do a page break to a new page layout(say Page2) for body

Print the Body:

when Print completes, do a page break to a new page layout(say Page3) for summary

Print the Summary:

END,

So each set of data prints in 3 different pages with different layouts, but flow within one main window.

I hope you got my point.

alex_campbell
Contributor
0 Kudos

Previous poster is right you can only have one main window. You can however display 3 different kinds of data in that main window. If for example you wanted to print the components, and operations for a production order, you could create a table for the components in the main window, and then a table for the operations in the same window. If you work a little bit with the layout you can achieve the impression of having multiple different windows (for example two column side-by-side), when really everything is in the same window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There can be only one main window but we can display different type of data using that same window.

For eg,you want to display Objecitves on page 1, Criteria on Page 2, Summary on page3.

On Page1, in the main window create a table1 for objectives. After that give the command GO TO page2.

Create table2 for cirteria in same window. Give the command GO To page3. Create table3 for summary.

In this way ,you can make use of single main window with different data on multiple pages.

Regards,

Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You can have only one main window on a smartform, check the below link for more details and possible workarounds.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b1/243fdabeee11d4b633006094192fe3/content.htm

Regards,

Chen