cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristics with Net change planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I understand that when we click the check box 'Net change planning' in heuristics program- /SAPAPO/RSNPDRP1, the pre requisite is that SNP: Change planning active indicator in the planning version also needs to be set.

In my case, I have two situations-

1. Net change planning is set in heuristics program, SNP: Change planning active indicator in the planning version is not set- Heuristics log says "0 product locations processed"

2. In another variant, Net change planning is set in heuristics program, SNP: Change planning active indicator in the planning version is not set- Heuristics log says "20 product locations processed". However, I still have product locations where heuristics have not planned

Case 1 is understood as per the understanding. For case 2, why heuristics is picking some of the location products while skipping some other?

Waiting for your inputs.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wish to run net change planning, select Net Change Planning. This means that the heuristic run

plans only those location products for which a planning file entry has been set. The system sets this

planning file entry if a planning-relevant change has been made to the location product since the last

heuristic run; for instance, if the demand situation of the location product has changed.

Net change planning can be performed only if you set the SNP: Change Planning Active indicator

beforehand in the planning version. The active planning version is the only version to support net

change planning

Also request you run the low level code determination before running the heuristics.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanx for your reply.

The points that you mentioned were my understanding also.

As you mentioned- with Net change planning active, system will plan for location products with planning file entry, provided SNP: Change Planning Active indicator is set beforehand in the planning version. In case this is not set in planning version, Net change planning will not happen in any ways.

My query is, if the SNP: Change Planning Active indicator is not set beforehand in the planning version and Net change planning active, heuristics will not plan for any location product. However I find in some instances it is still picking some location products and skipping some.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following note -

1) Note 1176135 - Using net change planning in SNP heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the "net change planning is not active" then heuristic runs on re-generative planning (means, all location products are in scope for planning run).

As you mentioned, there are some products missed in planning run without net change planning run ... here the reason could be missing / incomplete master data. You can check some of the following ...

Products assignment to Model

Product master and SDP relevance active,

and transportation lane assignment with means of transport assignment ..

thanks

Venkat DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs.

I checked again /sapapo/mvm and found that SNP:Change planning active indicator was set. Hence with this and 'Net change planning' active, system was picking only those product locations which has a planning file entry. Hence the results were as expected.

Closing the thread now.

Regards

Manotosh