cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RA Key Valuation Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

My client has requirement to calculate monthly Revenue and cost project based on % input in SKF which is monthly too,

below is the sample:

Plan revenue = 1000

Plan Cost = 500

% SKF = 10%

Actual revenue = 800

Actual cost = 200

after RA key and settlement, it should post to FI :

WIP = -150 ( 500*10% = 50 - 200)

Surplus revenue = 700 ( 1000*10% = 100 - 800

So my revenue and cost impact in FI is 100 and 50

Can I use RA Key for this requirement and how to setting it, or other way like progress analysis ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the RA valuation method 7 based on project progress/ Earned Value Analysis.

Create a progress version exclusively for RA and also use the project progress measurement method as Estimation.

In Estimation method you can maintain percentage of progress manually on the WBSE where RA to be calculated.

Thanks

Abdul.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The exact requirement you mentioned (using SKF%) seems to be not possible in standard.

We have the option of "Manual Changes to automatically calculated RA data". You can modify the calculated cost / revenue values.

You can have the customer enhancement enabled in the Expert mode config as mentioned below. (check whether you can use the % funtionality here).

Use the following customizing points in the Expert mode of your valuation method under "Extended Control" sub screen area.

1. "Manual RA" - Manual changess / Manual changes with customer enhancement.

2. "Enhance1" - for customer enhancement

3. UserDefCOS - checkbox for user defined cost of sales.

You can distinguish between the automatic values & manually changed values in the information system under the same cost elements separately.

But here, not sure whether the manual changes or the automatic values have significance in data transfer to FI

Alternate Solution:-

There is also another field "Profit %" in the Valuation Sub area of Expert mode, which almost works as per your requirement. but "Revenue based RA with profit basis "T" is the pre requisite for this, which might be a limitation for you.

regards