cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Check and Early Watch Health Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any difference between Early Watch Check and Early Watch Health Check?

i s both of them generated wit the same contents?

tks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is the SAP EarlyWatch Health Check, which is s service that can be delivered by SAP or Self Delivered.

This is sometimes called the EarlyWatch Check for short or EWC.

The EarlyWatch Alert Report is a System Monitoring function that alerts to potential issues on monitored systems.

This is often refered to as the EarlyWatch Report or EWA.

Hope this addresses your question.

Both can be setup/accessed via DSWP > Service Plan > Self Delivered Services / DSWP > Solution Monitoring EarlyWatch or via the Engagement and Service Delivery WorkCenter

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thank you for the replies.

My doubt is ...Early Watch Check is a report self-guided by SAP and Early Watch Heacth Check is the same report (EWC) but it is self services...In other words, it is generated via Solution manager?

Is there any difference between them..just because one is self guided by SAP and another is self service?

Tks,

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Substantially there would be little difference between the two, however the likelyhood that you will not be on the same release/sp level as SAP are pretty high, since they may be on a component(s) that have not been released to the customer yet, as a for instance. So there may be differences just based on this aspect alone.

The self-delivered service should be performed by a person who has been trained to do so, however.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you again,

Do you know if I can find any documents about generating EARLY WATCH HEALTH CHECK via internet?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately the EWC is not well documented.

Typically it is created in the Solution via DSWP > Service Plan > Self Delivered Services

And an SDCCN tasks will run remotely on the managed/satellite system collect the data and populate the service

session. Once that is done the session can be opened in Service Workbench.

However not all the checks are automatic, indeed many need to be manually completed. Once each check is completed and set to done, the save + next open check can be done, until they are all completed. Then the report can be generated.

However I am not aware of a guide or a step by step document for this service. It has only been recently that the customer has been empowered to deliver this service themselves

This is about all I can offer, regarding generating the EWC

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Paul.

Thank you so much!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EWA:

SAP EarlyWatch Report is a system monitoring report that is run on a weekly basis that will raise alerts that indicate potential problems,or problems with various aspects of the system. See http://service.sap.com/EWA

Early Watch Health Check:

The SAP EarlyWatch Health Check is a Service that can be delivered by SAP see http://service.sap.com/earlywatch

However it is also a service that can be self delivered either via DSWP or Workcenters. This report us used to address the problems found on the system.

Regards,

kalees

Edited by: kalees waran on Apr 15, 2011 9:00 AM