cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 1 SAP Console server to login to Production and QA SAP environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going live soon with SAP Console in all our warehouses. Question I have is can we use one server to be able to login to both Production as well as Test environments. Some how on SAP Console we can default either production or test environment but not both.

Short of getting another cheap box for testing our applications, are there any tricks that we can use the same box to do some testing without disturbing any of the production users. Thank you for your advice.

Chandra

Edited by: Chandra Innuganti on Apr 14, 2011 11:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use one Telnet Server for both the Production and the Dev environments. Georgia SoftWorks ([http://www.georgiasoftworks.com/]) uses logon script settings to point the incoming user to either Prod or Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You say that you are still going to go live...so the box is not yet used in a production area?

I normally take the box for the production area and point it to my DEV system to test everything in DEV mode...then change it over when all tsps and config is on the test system and when we're ready for go-live switch it to production. And yes, we use a virtual machine for a "lab" environment we try to break everything. This lab system does not point to any production system.

Just keep it simple and clean, otherwise (to name one) you will need to renumber scanners (or create them all) on all systems.

Cheers,

Hein