Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of an additional physical sample

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I am trying to assign an additional physical sample via qa32.....

In QA32 I bring up and highlight the inspection lot.

Click on results.

brings me to a screen to assign an inspection point....

When I click on the icon next to sample... the "Create Physical Sample for an inspection lot" subscreen appears.

The field "Physical sample field is empty....... in the detailed area, Sample Category and sample quantity both have 1 and 1.000

respectively.

When I enter 1 in the physical sample field and hit save..... I get an error "sample number one was already allocated...

Why can I not assign this additional sample??

Help appreciated.

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor

Hi Verroz,

As the error itself indicates that sample 1 has already been created and assigned, you cannot use it anymore. But if you put any other number / alpha character system accepts it.

You may be aware of following thing, but its just a my query..

Why you are creating physical samples manually?

The system can create physical samples automatically when an inspection lot is created if you have:

1. Planned the physical samples in a sample-drawing procedure

2. Assigned the sample-drawing procedure to the task list to be used in the inspection

3. Assigned a physical-sample type to the inspection type

So instead of clicking on create new sample icon if you click on pop up, you will get display of created samples in connection to inspection lot.

Physical samples should be created manually only if you have specific requirement of its coding such as if it includes any alpha characters which we cannot cope up in internal number range.

You can adjust the number range accordingly so as to create the samples automatically as per your number coding. This just reduces the time for manual creation.

Regards

Anand Rao

Answers (0)