cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center to scrap

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At QA11 when we try to post scrap, system ask cost center, but our business does not require cost center for scrap. What change do I need to do with mov. type of scrap so it does not require cost center? I guess mov. type 551 for scrap.

Plz. not In SPRO --> QM --> Basi setting > Insp lot completion > cost center scrap field is blank.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you do usage decision and do the stock posting in scrap, stock will be removed from the system.

Now the thing is when you want to remove the stock from the system you have to consume it then only stock will be reduced from the system.

Now for consumption of stock, when you enter quantity in the scrap field in the background movement 551 happens.

and 551 is nothing but issue of material to cost center for the purpose of Scraping (consuming) of the material.

so the best way is; you assign one cost center in plant level setting and then and then only this scraping of material will happen.

Please revert in case on any query.

Thanks & regards,

Vinay

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you check the movement type '551' at another standard transaction like as MB1A, MIGO.

If system ask the cost center also at these transaction, you have to ask it (validation) to your FI CO team.

Regards

Luke

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.You can change the movement types that are linked to the usage decision.

SPRO > Quality Management > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Completion > Define Inventory Postings >

Posting type 'VMENGE02' (to scrap) > change the movement type '551' to 'Z51'

2.You should assign the usage decision transaction as allowed transaction for movement type 'Z51' at transaction OMJJ.

Add the transaction QA11, QA12, QA14, QA16.

Regards

Luke

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer Lunke.

Can you help to understand why 551 mov is asking const center at QA11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

551- unrestricted to scrap

553- Quality to scrap

when u post material from qa11, it should be posted by 553 mvt.

as the field cost center for scarp in Quality plant level setting is missing u r getting that error.

when u post any material to scrap , then that cost is debited to that cost center and that quantity in consumed.

discuss with ur FICO consultant and enter cost center at plant level

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. I already check with FI CO team they don't want to consume scrap against cost center thats why we have not added cost center at plant level setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First as yogini said its 553 & not 551 mvt type

second thing is you can not scrap material without cost center.

Ask FICO persons to explore Concept of internal Order ( which ultimetly uses G/L acc & Cost center)

This may help you

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check with your FI CO team is its allowed as per finanace requirements

If yes you can go to transaction OMJJ select movement type > enter 551 on the left side select field selection Enjoy

For field name KOSTL make optional entry

Thanks

Diwakar

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is already option but still we get this issue.

If I create custome one Z51 and want to select instead of 551 at QA11 screen for scrap what I need to do?