cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Integration with Loftware Printing Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know client success stories of integrating MII with Loftware printing solution. If you have any pros and cons of implementing Loftware and any of its competitors, it would greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a implementation with MII / Loftware printing on the shop floor running since Jan 2009. I never have support issues with this system.

We use FTP to transfer a file to the Loftware server from the MII server. The tickets print bar codes, workorder numbers, location numbers operation number etc.

One thing we had to overcome, and it has nothing to do with Loftware, was a way to tie the MII client to a specific printer, that way when an operator prints a shop floor ticket, it comes out at the printer next to them. We do this by resolving the host name of the client via JSP, then we have a look up table in our relational database that pairs up the client with the proper printer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Doug for sharing how you use us with MII. Typically we are present with SAP in ERP, MM or WM solutions so great to hear how we play with MII. Do know that our Connector technology may make your lives easier when it comes to printer and label business logic such as the work around you created.

Check Loftware out on the EcoHub:

http://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/enterpriselabelingsolutionsconnector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

We only use Loftware in conjunction with another J2EE app. We have tested with MII and it seems to work fine. Both apps are FTPing the label files to loftware, although you can send data to Loftware in a variety of ways that are more sophisticated than FTP. Although on the other hand FTP works!

Loftware has been rock solid for us, so I highly recommend it.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great!! Can you please tell me how you are using MII n your process?

Does it handle the GR?

Is it responsible for assuring that the Barcode / Labeling component has correct Operational information (barcode formats, current SKU, current equipment, etc.)?

Does it handle Production Order Management:  Execution and Reporting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amy and Greg,

Thanks for the interest in Loftware. Amy, appreciate your vote of confidence.

So Greg, the Loftware Pront server does, as Amy suggests, have many ways to integrate to SAP or to any application environment to pull the relevant label data in order to print accurate and even regulated labels across an enterprise. FTP, file drop or as a transaction/event from within an application are the most popular methods. Would love to discuss further with you and get you connected to the right folks here at Loftware to help. I am on pacific standard time but feel free to call our HQ and ask for my number.

BTW, I manage our partnership with SAP globally, and do know that our technology is certified. Further we just had a webinar on the 14th detailing our SAP solution sponsored by SAP and you can find that on our web sit at www.loftware.com

Cheers,

Marcy