Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom T-codes in roles which do not exist in TSTC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working with some of the Customized t-codes.

I see that some of the T-codes are not present in the TSTC table, but I can find the T-codes in some of the roles.

Any thoughts and suggestions as to how the T-code will be present in the role and not in the system.

Thanks

Vidyar

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 14, 2011 10:49 PM

Please use meaningful subject titles.

16 REPLIES 16

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Any thoughts and suggestions as to how the T-code will be present in the role and not in the system.

Those may be old transaction codes or a profile copied from another system.

Markus

0 Kudos

Markus,

Thank you for the answer,

As I keep checking , there are a huge number of such T-codes,

I downloaded the TSTC table and the AGR_TCODES table and did a manual (Vlookup ) compare.

Is there a better way of finding through the application, as to what all T-codes are assigned to roles and not present in TSTC.

Thanks

Vidyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that it is infact a transaction code in the menu of the role?

You can also add other objects such as links, function modules, web services, etc etc etc... to the menu of a role or favourites.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

Yes,

They are T-codes. Not reports or links.

Vidyar

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>

Any thoughts and suggestions as to how the T-code will be present in the role and not in the system.

-->add a (for instance) report to the role menu->a t-code is generated. If you use $tmp as dev-class or don't transport that t-code together with the role, the role will contain a t-code, that does not exist in the target system of the role transport.

b.rgds, Bernhard

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which system is it? For instance, in BI system many role will contain reports, query, workbook etc....

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Arpan,

This is ECC 6.0 system.

They are T-codes that were custom built.

Vidyar

0 Kudos

Hi

Bernhard's comment about transporting the custom transaction sounds good - do the transactions exist in QAS, can you run them on a tst user or another user in DEV then QAS and /or PRD?

Regards

David

0 Kudos

So in which system you have found this? Dev/prod? Mean if this is in prod...are they present in dev system. Sometimes what happen coaches moves faster than engine. I faced few issues like this. Transaction still with developer in development system but business urges to move security role 1st to production system.

Another thing, may those transactions was there earlier and now been deleted. However I am not sure if in that case the transaction should go from role automatically or security need to remove manually.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Getting back late sorry,

Yes, we can execute the T-codes on QAS, DEV and PROD.

Question:

Is there a better way of finding through the application, as to what all T-codes are assigned to roles and not present in TSTC.

Presently I am doing it manually, which is time consuming.

Thanks

Vidyar

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Got back late, Sorry,

Yes these are present in DEV,QA and PROD.

T-codes are same on all the three environments.

Presently I did it manually, but this process is time consuming.

Thanks

Vidyar

0 Kudos

Hi Vidyar

Thanks for coming back to us, I can't help any further to be honest as I don't have access to SAP for a few weeks to go digging around. Are any of your custom transactions in TSTC(T) and if so, is there a pattern as to which are in and which are not?

Regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes, Custon T-codes are in TSTC,

Yes there is a kind of patteren on the ones that are out ( in roles.)

Probabally because we have multiple roles with different ORG values, they are repeating.

Thanks

Vidyar

0 Kudos

I don't believe transactions are deleted from roles unless on the authorization tab you select "Expert mode for profile generation."

The typical "Change Authorization Data" is the default and it typically edits old status. Whereas the Expert mode allows you to choose from Edit Old status, DELETE AND RECREAT PROFFILE AND AUTHORIZATION, or Read old status and merge with new data.

Also, they may be deleted from the menu of the role - but if the menu is not REread it may still appear to be there.

0 Kudos

Hi RANDA

Yes, we can execute the T-codes on QAS, DEV and PROD.

The transactions are available across the landscape, are in the roles but not in table TSTC (I have never checked this before for my clients) so the issue is why they are not in TSTC.

There appears to be a pattern to in/out but this is not clear to me as to what the parameters are.

Regards

David

Edited by: David Berry on Apr 26, 2011 10:36 PM

0 Kudos

Some customers and SAP applications create "launch pads" for transactions, which do not check S_TCODE. See transaction ABABDOCU for keyword "call transaction".

Optionally you can use SE97 to create "couples" of trusting transactions if the called tcode checks this (see function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_TCODE).

From a developer perspective you can generate target objects "on the fly" and then call them, but the use-case is suspect and of course difficult to build roles for...

If this is a SAP standard scenario generating transaction code contexts, then I would report it to SAP via the the Service Market Place ( https\service.sap.com/notes ).

The same problem exists with WebServices in CRM generation scenarios - here you cannot even range easily as it is a generated hash value.

Cheers,

Julius