cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is movement type utilized?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I know movement type is a 3 digit number to indicate the type of goods movement.

What I need to find out is how is it, technically, used to serve its purposes , eg. during PGI.

I already have the list of the numerous movement types from this forum.

What I am trying to know is how movement type setting is used by the system for PGI etc.

Could you kindly explain briefly please?

regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following table & Material master Valuation class . Here is the example for 601 mvt type

1>Account grp table- t- code OMJJ

Mvt type Val update QTY -update Valuation string Transaction key Account modifier

601 x x WA01 GBB VAX

2> Valuation class from material : 6010 ( MM03 )

3> T-CODE OBYC

Transaction key Account Valuation class Dr account Cr account

GBB VAX 6110 5120003 5120003

Based on above relation table autometic account determination happen in system

Hope this help you to understand account determinatiion with respect to MVT type

Thanks

Dilip

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I am trying to know is how movement type setting is used by the system for PGI etc.

For SD transactions, the movement type is assigned in the schedule line cateogry level. For example, the schedule line category CP, in t.code VOV6, is assigned with movement type 601-Goods issue.By this way, the gets copied to delivery document,which you can find in the delivery line item->administration tab.

From Inventory movement side, in t.code OMJJ, this movement type is assigned to allowed transactions, for example, VL01N, VL02N etc.This is how the system knows which movement type needs to be used for a business transaction.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

During PGI, system reduce the stocks with movemnt type 651 and with PGR movemnt type 653 will add stcoks in SAP.

with movement type durning PGI we can determine GL's in OBYC (account determination in MM) with combination of Valuation area/account modification /movement type we can determine.

Hope this will help you