cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver EHP2 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have NW 7.0 without any EHP and I want to perform an update to EHP2.

This is Win 2008 64bit server and Oracle 10.2.0.4. SAP systems: CRM, ERP, BW, Solman

I created new maintenance optimizer transaction and after adding logical components etc in SMSY I can see my products version, system and logical component in maintenance optimizer.

My question is: how to perform an EHP2 installation? If I choose CRM system I can only select Support Packages to download. If I choose ERP then there is an EHP installation option but it is ERP EHP, not NW. In BW only support packages.

So, how to choose NetWeaver EHP installation?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHP2 for CRM is not available. Latest for CRM is EHP1.

For ERP systems, EHP5 is available which is based on EHP2 but EHP5 is not release for general release. It is in ramp up.

For BW, you can install EHP2, have you defined your system as netweaver in SMSY ?

For Solman, EHP1 is latest not EHP2 is there.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I am also want to upgrade from ECC 6.0 to EHP4, but my question is Why we upgrade? What are the features will get after upgrade?

why am asking is i need to know and explain things to client.

Thanks in Advanse,

Venkat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sunny,

>

> I am also want to upgrade from ECC 6.0 to EHP4, but my question is Why we upgrade? What are the features will get after upgrade?

>

> why am asking is i need to know and explain things to client.

>

>

> Thanks in Advanse,

> Venkat

Your question has already been answered in your thread that you have raised earlier.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

regarding your question:

For BW, you can install EHP2, have you defined your system as netweaver in SMSY ?

answer is no - I defined CRM as CRM, ERP as ERP and BW as BW. Should I define them all as NetWeaver? Then EHP installation will be available?

The most important thing for me is Silverlight Island which as far as I know is available in NW EHP2. If I want to use it from CRM or ERP, then what to do? Update CRM to EHP1 and ERP to EHP4 ?

Edited by: pw.skiba on Apr 14, 2011 8:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try set the BW in smsy following document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/1060633c-49ed-2c10-4686-b86e33e8278f

Check that you smsy is set OK.

Regards

William Neira

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can upgrade your CRM to EHP1 level but again CRM EHP1 is under Ramp-up. So, it is not available for general use.

EHP5 for ERP is based on EHP2 and that is again under ramp-up.

Right now EHP4 is available and that is based upon EHP1.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)