cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing plan mix of monthly and annual settlement dates (periodicity)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business have requested that a new billing plan type be created for use in service contracts as follows;

- Year 1 of contract to be annual billing settlement

- Subsequent years to be monthly billing settlement

So for example a billing plan contract item for u20AC3600 with a contract start date 01.05.2011 and end date 30.04.2014, the annual billing of u20AC1200 on 01.05.2011 say and u20AC100 a month from 31.05.2012 up until contract end date of 30.04.2014.

This doesn't seem an unreasonable request yet the config. for billing plan has quite basic functionality so I am unsure if having more than one periodicity in a single billing plan is possible.

I am not interested in knowing if this can be done manually as I know we could adjust the billing plan dates in the contract to suit thisbut my question is whether configuration of such a billing plan is possible and how?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Check periodic billing and milestone billing in the forum.

I hope it suits your requirement.

Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

Thanks for your reply, however it is not adding anything is it.

I asked a specific question regarding the functionality within billing plans, not advice on how to search forums

I have searched forums within SDN and outside of it, SAP notes etc. but have yet to find any useful information on this topic and in particular this requirement.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anyone else dealt with such a billing plan requirement before?.

I know manually could either amend the contract billing plan after year 1 to a monthly or have separate line items for each product on the contract i.e. 1 for the annual billing plan and the other for the monthly, but I want to ensure there is no way in configuration I can define the date rule determination for this so that it is annual for year 1 and then monthly after that. From what I can see it has to be one or the other and not a mix of date rules within the one billing plan item, at least on the configuration side of things.

Can someone please confirm this or otherwise how it can be set up?

Thanks,

Michael

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately it is not posible automatically in standard SAP to have some billing periods monthly adn other billing periods annually.

In simple terms, we cannot have two billing plan types for an item category.

You can do one thing if you are doing periodic billing (i hope you are using this as MS billing is purely on MS and not on periodicity)

You can have one billing horizon and the period upto which you have monthly periodicity. This will create only monthly billing plans in your order. For example if your billing period is for one year and that has monthly billing plan, it creates 12 monthly billing plans in order.

This satisfies your purpose upto that point. After that you want to have the billing period annually. You can trigger this by a Z program. Basically you can open the documents in change mode, trigger the "Create Dates" button after updating the horizon period to say 3years from the existing period, and then overwrite the automatic dates with manual dates. All these things can be done programatically.

If you have any questions in specific, please let me know. I will try to help