Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

we trying to do os migration of SAP XI 3.0 system,

we have export from source system and building target system below see the steps followed.

1. install CI on target server

2. installing DB instace on target. But before proceeding further I have installed oracle software successfully and check it using

sqlplus > it is able to connect to sql.

know problem is after installing oracle sofware when I continued the DB instance installation.

System give me error as

• CJS-00030 Assertion failed: OraSqlContext constructor: arguments dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid ****

Dont know to solve this issue.

please help me in this

REgards,

Syed Maqsood.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is solved,

i have copied init<sid>.ora from source system to target system.

then continue with migration.

then everything went as desired.

Regards,

syed Maqsood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

I have solve this problem like this.

copied the init<SID>.ora from source system to target system , continued with installation and finished it.

know server is up and running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

i have uninstall the oracle software and re-install it back.

when i start the DB installation, problem remains same..

as *** CJS-00030 Assertion failed: OraSqlContext constructor: arguments dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid

what could be possible cause for this error.

any one can give expert opinion ...

rgs

syed Maqsood

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> as *** CJS-00030 Assertion failed: OraSqlContext constructor: arguments dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid

>

> what could be possible cause for this error.

Something went wrong during the installation/in the installation sequence.

I would open an OSS call and let the support check the system.

Alternatively I'd remove everything (including the CI) and start over again by following the installation guides sequence and after having deleted everything (/etc/oratab etc.) from the system.

I would also recommend using an installation DVD set with Oracle 10g, Oracle 9.x is already out of support for a long time. Any special reason why you use Oracle 9?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I have deleted the oraInventory directory but problem does not solved.

when I am running RUNINSTALLER, and trying to give path /oracle/DX1/920_64 then oracle name becomes OUIHome1

please let me know how to change this oracle name to my customize one.

Rgs,

Syed Maqsood

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have deleted the oraInventory directory but problem does not solved.

> when I am running RUNINSTALLER, and trying to give path /oracle/DX1/920_64 then oracle name becomes OUIHome1

> please let me know how to change this oracle name to my customize one.

This is usally done with the proper environment settings by sapinst when it stops to install the database.

You can't select anything in the dropdown box?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I uninstalled the oracle software, but when i am trying to re-install it

I started oracle software installation using RUNINSTALLER, and OU installer screen pops up.

When I try to give in

destination

Enter or select oracle an oracle home name and path -

here it itself taking path as " OUIHome1" and the path as /oracle/DX1/920_64, I am not able to change oracle home name.

please advise how to change this name.

rgs,

Syed Maqsood

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I uninstalled the oracle software

Did you also remove the oraInventory?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP import has not prompted me to install oracle software, i have done it before the phase of create oracle database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I have installed using RUNINSTALLER script.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

And did you install when sapinst stops and requested you to install? Or before?

Note: I'm not mocking you, it's just essential to do the installation just at the time when sapinst expects it and not before. Otherwise you will see likewise errors.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see.

So this seems to be the issue here, the software is there but not in the "sapinst expected way".

There are two options now:

- you delete the Oracle installation and start over

- you check the latest logfiles and try to figure what is wrong

Markus

Former Member

Any How This problem is solved, I also faced this problem and solved but differently.

This problem raised due to improper un-installation of previous SAP, simply i have deleted files from all file systems.

Solved this problem by:

Clean the SAP directories properly from Installation Master and installed SAP again solved this problem

Cheers

KHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I have successfully installed oracle software and tried the connection using sqlplus /nolog it worked.

But not able to figure out what is causing problem.

Rgs,

Syed Maqsood

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have successfully installed oracle software and tried the connection using sqlplus /nolog it worked.

The question is:

Did you install Oracle using the SAP provided script RUNINSTALLER or did you manually execute the standard "runInstaller". There is a difference in those two because sapinst expects the environment set by RUNINSTALLER and not the manually set one.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am pasting the env variable for <sid>adm

uvmn3000:dx1adm 21>

uvmn3000:dx1adm 21> clear

0y0Cuvmn3000:dx1adm 22> clear

0y0Cuvmn3000:dx1adm 23> env

HOME=/export/home/dx1adm

PATH=/oracle/DX1/920_64/bin:.:/export/home/dx1adm:/usr/sap/DX1/SYS/exe/run:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/contrib/Q4/bin:/opt/perl/bin:/opt/gvsd/bin:/opt/ipf/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/wbem/bin:/opt/wbem/sbin:/opt/sas/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/opt/atok/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/sec_mgmt/bastille/bin:/opt/caliper/bin:/opt/drd/bin:/opt/dsau/bin:/opt/dsau/sbin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/firefox:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/propplus/bin:/usr/contrib/kwdb/bin:/opt/perl_32/bin:/opt/perl_64/bin:/opt/prm/bin:/opt/sfm/bin:/opt/swm/bin:/opt/sec_mgmt/spc/bin:/opt/ssh/bin:/opt/swa/bin:/opt/hpsmh/bin:/opt/thunderbird:/opt/sentinel/bin:/opt/langtools/bin:/opt/wlm/bin:/opt/gwlm/bin:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/hpvm/bin:/opt/aCC/bin:/opt/cadvise/bin:/opt/networker/bin

LOGNAME=dx1adm

SHELL=/bin/csh

TERM=hp

COLUMNS=145

LINES=54

MANPATH=/usr/share/man/%L:/usr/share/man:/usr/contrib/man/%L:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man/%L:/usr/local/man:/opt/VRTS/vxfs5.0/man:/opt/ldapux/share/man/%L:/opt/ldapux/share/man:/opt/ipf/man:/opt/ldapux/ypldapd/man:/opt/samba/man:/opt/samba/WTEC_Support_Tools/man:/opt/samba/cfsm_man:/opt/cifsclient/share/man:/opt/openssl/man:/opt/openssl/prngd/man:/opt/wbem/share/man:/opt/graphics/common/man:/opt/amgr/man/%L:/opt/amgr/man:/opt/sec_mgmt/share/man:/opt/caliper/man/%L:/opt/caliper/man:/opt/drd/share/man/%L:/opt/drd/share/man:/opt/dsau/man:/opt/resmon/share/man/%L:/opt/resmon/share/man:/opt/gnome/man:/opt/perf/man/%L:/opt/perf/man:/opt/propplus/share/man:/usr/contrib/kwdb/share/man:/opt/perl_32/man:/opt/perl_64/man:/opt/prm/man/%L:/opt/prm/man:/opt/psb/healthtest/share/man:/opt/sfm/share/man:/opt/swm/share/man/%L:/opt/swm/share/man:/opt/swa/share/man/%L:/opt/swa/share/man:/opt/ssh/share/man:/opt/sentinel/man/%L:/opt/sentinel/man:/opt/langtools/share/man/%L:/opt/langtools/share/man:/opt/wlm/share/man/%L:/opt/wlm/share/man:/opt/openssl/fips/0.9.7/man:/opt/openssl/fips/0.9.8/man:/opt/gwlm/man/%L:/opt/gwlm/man:/opt/icod/man/%L:/opt/icod/man:/opt/ignite/share/man/%L:/opt/ignite/share/man:/opt/iexpress/tcpdump/man:/opt/iexpress/lsof/man:/opt/iexpress/curl/man:/opt/iexpress/sudo/man:/opt/iexpress/zlib/share/man:/opt/hpvm/share/man/%L:/opt/aCC/share/man/%L:/opt/aCC/share/man:/opt/cadvise/share/man/%L:/opt/cadvise/share/man:/opt/imake/man:/opt/networker/man

TZ=MET-1METDST

SAPSYSTEMNAME=DX1

DIR_LIBRARY=/usr/sap/DX1/SYS/exe/run

SHLIB_PATH=/usr/sap/DX1/SYS/exe/run

THREAD=NOPS

dbms_type=ORA

dbs_ora_tnsname=DX1

dbs_ora_schema=SAPDX1

ORACLE_PSRV=DX1

ORACLE_SID=DX1

DB_SID=DX1

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/DX1/920_64

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

ORA_NLS33=/oracle/client/92x_64/ocommon/nls/admin/data

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/DX1

Regards,

Syed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install the database software when sapinst requested you to do so - and did you install it using RUNINSTALLER script?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

As i mentioned in the message my OS is HP-UX, the note you suggested is for windows platform.

and there is no entry to be corrected in control.xml,

looking for a expert help

Regards,

Syed Maqsood

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, soz.

have you checked all the dbenv* files are pointing to the right oracle home.

also I am assuming this is a test system because this oracle version is defunct and well out of support.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read sap note : 786673

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My oracle release is 9.2.0.6 and i check the environmental varialbe for ora<sid> user below as below:

uvmn3000:oradx1 7> env

USER=oradx1

LOGNAME=oradx1

HOME=/oracle/DX1

PATH=/oracle/DX1/920_64/bin:.:/oracle/DX1:/usr/sap/DX1/SYS/exe/run:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/contrib/Q4/bin:/opt/perl/bin:/opt/gvsd/bin:/opt/ipf/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/wbem/bin:/opt/wbem/sbin:/opt/sas/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/opt/atok/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/sec_mgmt/bastille/bin:/opt/caliper/bin:/opt/drd/bin:/opt/dsau/bin:/opt/dsau/sbin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/firefox:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/propplus/bin:/usr/contrib/kwdb/bin:/opt/perl_32/bin:/opt/perl_64/bin:/opt/prm/bin:/opt/sfm/bin:/opt/swm/bin:/opt/sec_mgmt/spc/bin:/opt/ssh/bin:/opt/swa/bin:/opt/hpsmh/bin:/opt/thunderbird:/opt/sentinel/bin:/opt/langtools/bin:/opt/wlm/bin:/opt/gwlm/bin:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/hpvm/bin:/opt/aCC/bin:/opt/cadvise/bin:/opt/networker/bin

MAIL=/var/mail/oradx1

SHELL=/bin/csh

TZ=MET-1METDST

SSH_CLIENT=10.115.4.54 1530 22

SSH_CONNECTION=10.115.4.54 1530 45.220.20.234 22

SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1

TERM=xterm

SFTP_UMASK=

SFTP_PERMIT_CHMOD=1

SFTP_PERMIT_CHOWN=1

COLUMNS=158

LINES=61

MANPATH=/usr/share/man/%L:/usr/share/man:/usr/contrib/man/%L:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man/%L:/usr/local/man:/opt/VRTS/vxfs5.0/man:/opt/ldapux/share/man/%L:/opt/ldapux/share/man:/opt/ipf/man:/opt/ldapux/ypldapd/man:/opt/samba/man:/opt/samba/WTEC_Support_Tools/man:/opt/samba/cfsm_man:/opt/cifsclient/share/man:/opt/openssl/man:/opt/openssl/prngd/man:/opt/wbem/share/man:/opt/graphics/common/man:/opt/amgr/man/%L:/opt/amgr/man:/opt/sec_mgmt/share/man:/opt/caliper/man/%L:/opt/caliper/man:/opt/drd/share/man/%L:/opt/drd/share/man:/opt/dsau/man:/opt/resmon/share/man/%L:/opt/resmon/share/man:/opt/gnome/man:/opt/perf/man/%L:/opt/perf/man:/opt/propplus/share/man:/usr/contrib/kwdb/share/man:/opt/perl_32/man:/opt/perl_64/man:/opt/prm/man/%L:/opt/prm/man:/opt/psb/healthtest/share/man:/opt/sfm/share/man:/opt/swm/share/man/%L:/opt/swm/share/man:/opt/swa/share/man/%L:/opt/swa/share/man:/opt/ssh/share/man:/opt/sentinel/man/%L:/opt/sentinel/man:/opt/langtools/share/man/%L:/opt/langtools/share/man:/opt/wlm/share/man/%L:/opt/wlm/share/man:/opt/openssl/fips/0.9.7/man:/opt/openssl/fips/0.9.8/man:/opt/gwlm/man/%L:/opt/gwlm/man:/opt/icod/man/%L:/opt/icod/man:/opt/ignite/share/man/%L:/opt/ignite/share/man:/opt/iexpress/tcpdump/man:/opt/iexpress/lsof/man:/opt/iexpress/curl/man:/opt/iexpress/sudo/man:/opt/iexpress/zlib/share/man:/opt/hpvm/share/man/%L:/opt/aCC/share/man/%L:/opt/aCC/share/man:/opt/cadvise/share/man/%L:/opt/cadvise/share/man:/opt/imake/man:/opt/networker/man

SAPSYSTEMNAME=DX1

DIR_LIBRARY=/usr/sap/DX1/SYS/exe/run

SHLIB_PATH=/usr/sap/DX1/SYS/exe/run

THREAD=NOPS

dbms_type=ORA

dbs_ora_tnsname=DX1

dbs_ora_schema=SAPDX1

ORACLE_PSRV=DX1

ORACLE_SID=DX1

DB_SID=DX1

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/DX1/920_64

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

ORA_NLS33=/oracle/DX1/920_64/ocommon/nls/admin/data

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/DX1

More over I am installing database instance using root.

let me focus more on error point.

Error is triggering at " create oracle database" step before to this step all steps are completed successfully.

Can anyone help to solve this issue.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My oracle release is 9.2.0.6 and i check the environmental varialbe for ora<sid> user below as below:

And for <sid>adm?

Markus

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Syed

During system copy sometimes these type of errors ( CJS-00030 Assertion failed) occurs,

because of incorrectly set environment variable ORACLE_HOME for some user...

Could you check the attached SAP note

1. 830578 and

2. 602843

You should set ORACLE_HOME for <sid>adm and also for ora<sid>.

Double check your environment variable settings.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing this issue exactly at create database instance step in DB instance installation.

Any one can help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to give more detail info about the problem

we are doing system copy using export/import method.

there are many instances running in the server,